Healthy Snack Late Night??

Options
I know the old saying that you shouldn't eat late cause it will go straight to your hips...

True or false???

Can I have an apple at 11 and not feel guilty??

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    yep! you're fine :)
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I eat at midnight all the time and look at me 60lbs lost!!!! lol course im not eating a huge meal just little snacks

Good luck
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    True and false. You shouldn't eat late at night simply because your body doesn't have enough time to metabolize before you go to sleep. But it won't go "straight to your hips."

But if you're hungry then eat. And if all you're having is an apple, I wouldn't worry about it. Especially if you're in your calorie limit for the day.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I eat right before bed most every night Its way better then a midnight trip to the fridge cause your starving. Hasn't slowed my weight loss at all.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    as long as you count it, they say you can eat whatever you want at any time, unless you listen to jillian michaels! if you burn it off i think you can eat, I usually will have a pudding cup or popcorn or 90 cal brownie while watching tv late.
  • ladybuglady15
    ladybuglady15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Definitely! And the apple, is a great, healthy snack! :) Great choice.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    nobody got fat from eating too many apples, even at midnight... I think it will be okay:) hehe
  • KellyAnneH
    KellyAnneH Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If calories in are less than calories out you will lose weight - no matter what time of day you eat them. Eating a LOT just before bed will give most people indigestion, but it's the numbers that matter for weight loss. I take pain meds at bedtime that need to be taken with food (major nausea otherwise) but as long as I keep the snack within my allotment I'm just dandy.

Kelly-Anne

PS. Favourite bedtime snacks: 2-3 crackers with thinly sliced cheese, apple, pkt instant oatmeal, 1/2 cup yogurt with a TBSP of Muesli, orange, banana, small cluster of grapes, 100 calorie packet of almonds (14), slice of whole grain toast with a little low sugar jam, hard boiled egg, small portion of quinoa tabouli... My bedtime snack is generally between 100-150 calories and fills in wherever I'm a bit low for the day. :o)