I need more healthy fats!

Options
2»

Replies

• KimBambi
    Options
    You should really befriend avocado. Try having it in sushi, that's how I began to like it.

If not unroasted and unsalted nuts are full of good fats if you need snacking supplements.

This is my first post, yay! :)
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    i never understood why ppl think saturated fat is bad, lol

Probably because most of the "mainstream" sources when it comes to weight loss scream "FATS ARE BAD! BAD BAD BAD!" without any real discussion on the different types of fats and what they do in your body.
  • furekurss
    Options
    i never understood why ppl think saturated fat is bad, lol

Probably because most of the "mainstream" sources when it comes to weight loss scream "FATS ARE BAD! BAD BAD BAD!" without any real discussion on the different types of fats and what they do in your body.

agree, i love when ppl put "staturated fats" as bad fat, sheep flow sheep i guess
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    YOU COULD JUST TOP YR CEREAL WITH SOME NUTS AND SEEDS, YOU HARDLY EVEN NOTICE THAT THEY ARE THERE. I HAVE A BOOK CALLED THE CSIRO DIET. I DO NOT FOLLOW THE DIET BUT THE RECEPIES ARE EASY FAST AND VERY GOOD FOR YOU. IT MAKES INTERESTING READING AS IT EXPLAINS PROTIENS, FATS ETC AND GIVES YOU GOOD EXAMPLES OF THESE. ITS AN OLD BOOK NOW SO YOU COULD PICK IT UP FAILY CHEAP I EXPECT.

PS. LOVE THE NEW PHOTO ;)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Saturated fat isn't terribly bad if in (low) moderation, but they don't do any good either "/
    mono & poly unsaturated fats are great tho! ;)

edit:
    http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/PreventionTreatmentofHighCholesterol/Know-Your-Fats_UCM_305628_Article.jsp#
    Saturated fat: "Saturated fat is found mostly in foods from animals and some plants. Foods from animals include beef, beef fat, veal, lamb, pork, lard, poultry fat, butter, cream, milk, cheeses and other dairy products made from whole and 2 percent milk. All of these foods also contain dietary cholesterol. Foods from plants that contain saturated fat include coconut, coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil (often called tropical oils), and cocoa butter."
    UNSaturated fat: "

Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are the two unsaturated fats. They're found mainly in many fish, nuts, seeds and oils from plants. Some examples of foods that contain these fats include salmon, trout, herring, avocados, olives, walnuts and liquid vegetable oils such as soybean, corn, safflower, canola, olive and sunflower.

Both polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats may help lower your blood cholesterol level when you use them in place of saturated and trans fats. Keep total fat intake between 25 and 35 percent of calories, with most fats coming from sources of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids such as fish, nuts and vegetable oils."