HRM recommendations

Basically what the title says! I'm going to ask for an HRM for Christmas. I've never used one so I'd like to hear your recommendations and your experiences with them. Thanks!

Replies

• Mkin
    Mkin Posts: 43
    I recently got a polar ft7 and it is AMAZING!!! Not only does it tell you how many calories you have burned it also tells you how long you were burning fat and how long you were improving fitness.

I don't know how I survived without it
  • 2live4ever79
    2live4ever79 Posts: 79 Member
    Bump
  • qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    I have a Polar FT7. Its a decent price with all the features I wanted. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. There are some with more features though. So, it all depends on what you want.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Get one with a chest strap. Also, if it's under $30 then it's probably garbage. I know this from experience :(
    Unfortunately, you (or a loved one) should expect to pay $60 or more for a decent one. Garmin and Polar are said to be great brands. Good luck!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I want the chest wrap should I want to start jogging sometime. So I can sync it with my Nike + shoe & watch.
  • I've just got a Polar FT7 too, and yes i would recommend it to anyone and everyone. It's comfy, easy to use, and price wise, maybe a lil expensive for a single xmas pressie, but get ppl to pool in together.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    I got the Polar FT4 a couple of weeks ago - only used it once so far lol, but I like it. I only needed it to track my calories, so depending on what you want to get out of it, but it's pretty good for just starting out. Based on the previous responses, the obvious recommendation is the Polar brand!

Check out Amazon.com they have some really good (and some bad) reviews on them, that's how I made my decision.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 749 Member
    There must have been at least 10 of these threads in the last week ahahAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA....
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    I've just got a Polar FT7 too, and yes i would recommend it to anyone and everyone. It's comfy, easy to use, and price wise, maybe a lil expensive for a single xmas pressie, but get ppl to pool in together.

Lol, that's what I've just send to my hubby for an idea for Christmas + birthday present, I guess I have to make the best of being born on the 24th December, so I can ask for expensive presents!:D
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Polar is a great brand- definitely need a chest strap (I have seen reviews for those that take a touch pulse on the watch and they are all pretty bad/inaccurate). If you are a runner/walker; I upgraded to a Garmin Forerunner 110 for gps...so it has HR, distance, pace and when you log online it even shows you a map of your course and elevation changes! I love it- was about $200.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 and love it. Got it on Amazon. They sell the same thing in Best Buy but it was $20 more expensive.
  • There must have been at least 10 of these threads in the last week ahahAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA....

Good thing nobody held a gun to your head and made you respond to this one, huh?