115 in 365 days. Motivation is lacking.

Options
keg619
keg619 Posts: 356 Member
Hi MFP users! My name is Kaitlyn and I'm 21. I started on the healthy track on the 11th of October and have since lost 23 pounds. Planing to be down 115.5 by 10/05/12. I am attending a wedding that day and I want to be in pictures without being self conscious. I used to take tons of pictures with friends, and go out all the time to social gatherings, but life has become busy and the waist line has grown. A few years ago I lost 60 pounds in about 4 months, soon after I began gaining it back. Family members were sick, and someone close passed, and life was getting me down. 115.5 pounds later, it occurred to me that I can't live life on the sidelines. So in the past 50 days of using MFP, I have done well, and am excited to lose the weight! Is anyone else losing more than 100 like I am? Needing some friends on here for extra motivation :) Good luck to you!

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Good job on the success so far! Everyone needs some motivation sometimes, but look at you! You are totally kicking butt!
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Just going to throw this out there, but I think in addition to a long-term goal (wedding next year) you need some short-term goals too (next couple of months maybe?), which will help keep up your motivation for now. Good luck to you!!
  • laurenmizzle
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you...... I need to lose about 120 pounds. If you need any motivation, feel free to add me!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Just going to throw this out there, but I think in addition to a long-term goal (wedding next year) you need some short-term goals too (next couple of months maybe?), which will help keep up your motivation for now. Good luck to you!!
    I agree with this, it's what I have done. I have a 50 lb goal but I broke it down into 4 mini goals, about 12.5 lbs each. it helps keep me motivated and on track (or I'm hoping that it will anyways!)
  • keg619
    Options
    Thank you! And I do mini goals. Some are week by week, and sometimes it's an incriment of 5 or 10 pound goal. I rarely think of the long term. I realize that this is a day by day process. :)
  • LennieSmall
    Options
    Your goal sounds very reasonable- I've lost about that much since this May. One thing that I've found that helps me is setting exercise goals instead of ( or in addition to) weight-loss goals. We all hit weight plateaus from time to time, regardless of what we do. That in mind, it helps me to focus on what I can control and let the weight follow.
  • allisonkempo
    allisonkempo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. My goal is to go from 279 (starting 2 weeks ago) to 150 by my birthday in October of 2012. That would be a total weight loss of 129 pounds from my lovely high point a few weeks ago. I'm down 6 so far. I had used MFP before and lost some weight, but I broke my foot and gained some back. I'm starting anew and am extremely motivated. My partner and I are doing it together for health reasons. I have to succeed so that he can as well, and he's facing some serious potential health problems if we don't make this happen. Let's do this!!!!!
  • insane4train
    insane4train Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Excellent point my friend PSMD
  • keg619
    Options
    My friend and I started exercising yesterday. I have set some goals for that since I used to be able to run a lot, be more flexible and do more reps than I can now. I'm so lucky that I don't have any health problems, at all! Diabetes and heart problems run in my family, so I'm just thankful I am without that. But there is always a possibility which is why I'm trying to get back into the healthy, active lifestyle I once had. And congrats on your weight loss so far! Keep up the great work :)