So difficult...

Options
I find that I DO NOT have a hard time eating my 1200 calories :grumble: :noway: but that I DO have a hard time filling those "extra calories" from working out and not filling them with junk just to "get them in". If I am eating much lower cal foods and avoiding the stuff that is so high in calories and still feeling full when I need to, what do I eat just to make up for what I burned when I don't really want anything at all? Any suggestions???

Replies

• jesusgrl14
    Options
    I find that I DO NOT have a hard time eating my 1200 calories :grumble: :noway: but that I DO have a hard time filling those "extra calories" from working out and not filling them with junk just to "get them in". If I am eating much lower cal foods and avoiding the stuff that is so high in calories and still feeling full when I need to, what do I eat just to make up for what I burned when I don't really want anything at all? Any suggestions???
  • rhondababy
    Options
    That's a problem I have too....I usually fill in with things I shouldn't be eating like 100 cal.snack bags, and skinny cows, when I should probably have a pice of fruit, or some celery with a bit of natural peanut butter!
  • lisset_lt
    Options
    You know whats difficult for me, trying to keep up whit my stuff that I eat and writing it in. And getting up to workout is sooooooodifficult toooo!:cry::sad:
  • davinci42
    Options
    I have to say i have not been counting the calories i burned with excercise. I have been sticking to a 2000 calorie diet regardless of how much i work out. I have been losing about 2 pounds a week and i think if i would have been adding those calories in i would not have lost anything.. My body will tell me if i need more. If you are eating healthy and don't feel like you need more i wiuld save those calories so you can have a guilt free night on the town once in awhile.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    If you like Peanut Butter eat it on something. It's a quick way to add quite a bit of calories, plus it is pretty good for you and will keep you feeling full. I know if the end of the day comes and I still need about 200 calories, I get out the PB and a celery stick (or apple or carrots). Plus it is sweet so it helps satisfy the need for sweets.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I say if you are getting in the 1200 and you aren't hungry after, don't eat. Practice listening to your own body signals. Some days you'll want more, others you won't. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Especially after workouts, it is important to provide your body with easy access to protein & carbs. Peanut butter is a great, high calorie item that you don't have to eat a lot of. A hand full of nuts is as well, just watch the salt. Every now and then I sneak one of my sons mozzerella sticks. One of those with a piece of fruit is amazing to satisfy the salty & sweet cravings!

My evening treat is sometimes an Edy's fruit bar. I love the strawberry; they are popsicles that actually have chunks of fruit in them and aren't too bad on the calories. Mmmmm, I need to go to the store now! :laugh:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Thanks guys! Those are all good suggestions. I love peanut butter but I have been staying away because I can eat SO much more than the 2 tbsp serving and it's high in calories. Gonna have to start trying that! :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    peanut butter isn't as bad as everyone thinks, I eat it with apples as a treat, it gets a few of those extra calories in with out going crazy.

I don't always eat the extras, I reduce that amount by about 200 because the calculator doesn't take into account for resistance levels, somedays are always better than others.