Question: rest between cross trainer workouts?

Options
Hi

I have a quick question! I use my cross trainer 5x per week but I use it at quite a high resistance these days, for about 45-50 mins. I stretch before and afterwards, but I'm getting a lot of aching in my calves and thighs.

Should I be using the cross trainer every second day and having a rest day for my legs, like I do when I'm doing weight training? Or should I just batter on and stop complaining??

My husband is a runner and runs 5-6 days a week and doesn't have this problem.

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Until your body is used to it you need to take a break every other day. My Dad was a body builder and they alternate days on working muscles where they can repair the damage the exercises do to them. If you don't you can mess up the muscles.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! I've been wondering about alternating weight lifting with cross trainer but that would be losing a day of real workouts which is difficult to get your head round really. I don't want to be doing something wrong, but at the same time don't want to look like I'm making excuses for not using the cross trainer. I think I'll make a programme that allows me to alternate!

Sometimes you just need some informed opinions to help make the choice! :smile: