WHY ARE THERE NO SINGLE PEOPLE HERE?

Options

Replies

• Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Could it also be that non-single people are a lot more prone to mentioning their SO's than single people randomly saying straight up they're single?

I think the reason for this is to let the single people know that they aren't on the market. And also maybe a way to inform people in an indirect way as to how they became unfit in the first place.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Could it also be that non-single people are a lot more prone to mentioning their SO's than single people randomly saying straight up they're single?
    I think the reason for this is to let the single people know that they aren't on the market. And also maybe a way to inform people in an indirect way as to how they became unfit in the first place.

I don't like to advertise. To post that I am single sounds like I'm desperate to find someone.

Dragongrl, I think you may be right about the attached people declaring they are off the market.

I think people will list what is most important to them. Couples mention their attachment. Parents their children. Singles their unattached freedoms!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    We're here. We're just keeping a low profile until we blossom into the smokin hot mommas we'll be when we hit goal! :smokin:
  • dydennis54
    Options
    LOL!! Maybe they choose to stay quiet right now. But there are plenty of singles I'm sure!! :wink:
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Haha.. I noticed the same thing! That there were a loooot of married people here, especially YOUNG married people.

Anyway, I'm single, and I've definitely gotta lose some weight if I wanna get some! Haha!:laugh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a single person, but I play one in the chat rooms.
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that an unusually high number (I'd guess over 90%) of the members here are either married, engaged, or have a bf/gf (serious relationships).
    From what I've seen in the actual world, this number is much closer to 50% maybe 60%...Am I missing something? Do you guys agree with my observations? What are your thoughts? Why are there so few single people here?

i've noticed the same thing. i often see people mentioning their spouses or significant others. i'm beginning to feel left out. lol.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Being fairly recently single I've definitely noticed that as well. But I think there's more out there than we think! As someone mentioned, there is a whole group dedicated to single mfp'rs!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Most singles in that stat are younger (stat is over 18) are younger... most weight issues/concerns to improve develop later for whatever reason - well that's what I've noticed.

I never cared about watching what I ate or how much exercise I got till my late 20's. Prior to that it was a non issue.
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not speaking for everyone- but as a trend lots of us women put on weight during/after having babies (I'm hoping most are married when reproducing!). Therefore- already married when the weight issue becomes serious. Plus- married w/ kids..not like you have time to join WW or a social group so we do it when we can (late night- early am) on the computer. Thank God for healthy internet groups!
  • wildcata77
    Options
    It's been proven most people gain weight after they get married. Unconsciously there becomes less of a desire to stay in shape. You've already found your mate.

Pretty much this!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    alone-boy-says---no-one-loves-me--.jpg
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    in my head it's "single until proven otherwise". everyone's free game.

this explains so much...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a single person, but I play one in the chat rooms.

Winner^^^^
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    cause they put a ring on it
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    We're here. We're just keeping a low profile until we blossom into the smokin hot mommas we'll be when we hit goal! :smokin:

this ^^
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    I'm single and apparently thats not gonna change anytime soon :grumble: But I have noticed that most of my MFP friends are single actually and their goals include getting fit to be more attractive to the opposite sex. Hell, I think I would have a lot less trouble if my belly wasn't so big!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I'm single. I don't put it out there much, don't join singles groups, cause I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm even remotely interested in changing that.
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    would like to join this group
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just cause I got married doesn't mean I let myself go. P'shaw. Kids did that..lol. I've always worked to get the body back though, just takes time, but it's true you get comfortable, etc.