Longest living person!!!!!!

Options
RuchikaPal
RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
I was just going through wikipedia...and while browsing i stubbled upon this article about Jeanne Calment....who who had the longest confirmed human life span in history, living to the age of 122 years, 164 days...... :noway:

There was a column about her lifestyle and health.... she said she poured Olive oil over al her food...and ate 1 kilo of chocolate every week!!!!!!

Man i wonder if that would work for us :tongue:
Health and lifestyle

Jeanne's remarkable health presaged her later record. At age 85, she took up fencing, and continued to ride her bicycle up until her 100th birthday. :drinker:
She was reportedly neither athletic, nor fanatical about her health.[9] Calment lived on her own until shortly before her 110th birthday, when it was decided that she needed to be moved to a nursing home after a cooking accident (she was having complications with sight) started a small fire in her flat. However, Jeanne was still in good shape, and was able to walk until she fractured her femur during a fall at age 114 years and 11 months, which required surgery.[3][14] After her operation, Jeanne needed to use a wheelchair. She weighed 45 kilograms (99 lb) in 1994.[15] Calment became ill with influenza shortly before her 116th birthday.[16]

She smoked until the age of 117, only five years before her death.[1][16] Calment smoked from the age of 21 (1896), though according to an unspecified source, she smoked no more than two cigarettes per day.[17]

She ascribed her longevity and relatively youthful appearance for her age to olive oil, which she said she poured on all her food[4] and rubbed onto her skin, as well as a diet of port wine, and ate nearly one kilo of chocolate every week.[11] :drinker: