Does losing weight make YOU feel taller?

Options
Mickie17
Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
Okay everyone...I'm a shorty...5'2 1/2", and last night when I was out walking the dogs I felt the sensation of being taller. I was excited, because I had hit my last summer's weight...and I was feeling like I was starting to actually get "leaner"...but at the same time taller. Maybe it was just pride making me stand up with decent posture...but it was a neat feeling.

Have any of you ever felt like that before?

Replies

• Mickie17
    Options
    Okay everyone...I'm a shorty...5'2 1/2", and last night when I was out walking the dogs I felt the sensation of being taller. I was excited, because I had hit my last summer's weight...and I was feeling like I was starting to actually get "leaner"...but at the same time taller. Maybe it was just pride making me stand up with decent posture...but it was a neat feeling.

Have any of you ever felt like that before?
  • palmerrenee
    Options
    OMG! That's so funny since that's EXACTLY what I said yesterday! This was my first week and last night I said to my kids, "Wow, I feel taller..........hey, I think that means I feel SLIMMER!" I'm 5'6", so not short but not tall either. Then I checked it out and sure enough, I'd lost 3 inches off my waist and lost 8 pounds! Whoo hoo! Taller is good!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    It actually makes me feel smaller.... much more petite. Suddenly I feel tiny, but in a good way. I feel much shorter though!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    OMG! That's so funny since that's EXACTLY what I said yesterday! This was my first week and last night I said to my kids, "Wow, I feel taller..........hey, I think that means I feel SLIMMER!" I'm 5'6", so not short but not tall either. Then I checked it out and sure enough, I'd lost 3 inches off my waist and lost 8 pounds! Whoo hoo! Taller is good!

Whew!!! I'm not crazy!!!:happy: I came home and started to post about it...but I thought, "people are going to think I've completely lost my marbles!" So I erased it...but I have been so curious, that I just finally had to put it out there! (I can't ask my husband something like that...he ALWAYS feels tall, he's a foot taller than me).:laugh:
  • tuppence41
    Options
    I agee I do think you feel taller.
    I think when your loosing weight and feeling more in control, you walk more upright and proud.
    I'm 5'7 and when I'm carrying excess weight I slouch more and shuffle along.....lol! :laugh:
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yes it does, You feel better,so you walk taller.:happy:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I have to say, it's a rather motivating feeling! I'm just starting to feel longer and leaner...I think I'm ready for a heavy duty workout today!! WHOO HOO!!!!:happy:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Yes, I stand straighter, core stronger, back stronger, feel lighter!:happy: :smile: :heart:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Taller also cause your muscles in your back are stronger, holding you straighter......it's tough on your back carryin too much weight.........

GO GREEN!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    You aren't carrying around all that weight! Maybe the sensation of feeling 'lighter' makes you feel taller too... :huh: Cool! :laugh: :tongue:
  • cecilsmom
    Options
    I wish it made you look taller I'm only 4'11"
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I think you're all right...I do feel a little llighter and I have been working on my core. :happy: