HELP! Cabbage soup Diet recipe???

Options
Hi!

No don't worry guys, I'm not starting the diet. :tongue:

I was just wondering if someone had the recipe because I tasted it two weeks ago and really liked it
(yeah, my friend couldn't believe it lol).

Now I need a cheap, low cal soup recipe for tonight, as I'm trying to eat the biggest amount of calories for breakfast and lunch, and significantly less for dinner (I always seem to wake up with a flatter stomach that way lol.)

I've had spinach soup a couple of times already and I'm getting bored of it!

So if u know the cabbage soup recipe, -or any other low cal soup recipe for that matter! It would be awesome if you could share :)

Thank you so much! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• merrick7871
    Options
    I would like low cal soup recipes also.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/recipe/

google is your friend!

Broccoli Soup

I made this with a dollop of herby garlic cream cheese and some hard bread (knäckebröd) with thin slices of cheese to dip in. Went down well with M and my brother.

Broccoli Soup
    Serves: 6

Tomato and Basil Soup
    Serves: 5

400g chopped tomatoes
    1 beef stock cube / vegetable stock cube
    400g cherry tomatoes
    15 leaves basil
    2 cloves garlic
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 tsp sugar
    300 ml water

Pour the oil into the sauce pan and add in the cherry tomatoes and roll them around a bit.
    Then spoon out the oiled tomatoes onto an oven tray with a few basil leaves and roast for 20 minutes.
    Meanwhile, add the finely chopped garlic and onion to the pan with the remaining oil and fry until softened.
    Add the chopped tomatoes with the tea spoon of sugar and the remaining basil leaves.
    Leave the pan to simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 20 minutes.
    Add the stock cube and water to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes more.
    Add the roast tomatoes, basil leaves and any juices to the pan.
    Simmer for a further 5 minutes and then remove from heat and blitz.

55 calories per serving, 1.4g F, 0.2g SF, 10.0g C, 6.0g S, 2.3g Fb, 2.0g P

750 g broccoli
    1 1/2 onions
    2 vegetable stock cubes
    3 cloves garlic
    250 ml milk
    300 g potato
    500 ml water
    1 tsp becel light, or any other low cal margerine
    salt and pepper to taste

Chop the onions and garlic and soften with the margarine.
    Add in half the water and a stock cube. Once the stock cube has disolved, add in the diced and peeled potatoes.
    Once the potatoes are soft, add in the rest of the water, the final stock cube, and the broccoli. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli has softened.
    Blend the contents of the pan with a bullet/hand/blender/blender. Then return to the pan and add the milk, stirring continually. Season to taste and enjoy!

122 calories per serving, 1.9g F, 0.7g SF, 22.5g C, 5.9g S, 4.9g Fb, 6.5g P

Butternut Squash Soup

This soup was one of the strangely significant meals on my healthy lifestyle journey. As I was losing weight I was encouraged to try new things and find tasty healthy foods. I had heard about butternut squash and figured I may as well try it, so me and my mum bought ont and googled it. The easiest recipe to make was soup, so that's what we did! Now, I can't get enough of this amazing squash! If you've never tried butternut squash, you must try this recipe!

Butternut Squash Soup
    Serves: 6
    400ml water
    500g butternut squash
    1 onion
    1 carrot
    1 veggie stock cube
    1 clove garlic
    1 tsp olive oil
    tiny dash of cayenne pepper(optional)

Cut the squash in half length ways and remove the seeds and fleshy bit. Then bake in the oven for 40 mins.
    Once baked and cooled, just peel the skin off, it should come off no problem. Make sure you don't waste any fluids that have accumulated in the squash, pour them into the sauce pan.
    Fry the onion and garlic in the oil and any fluids from the squash until softened.
    Add the Stock and water as well as the chopped carrot.
    Cook for 20 mins and then chop the squash and add this. Also add the cayenne pepper at this point if you dare, but be careful you only need a tiny amount to make a huge difference.
    Cook for 10 mins more then remove from heat and blitz.

80 calories per serving, 1.8g F, 0.2g SF, 16.0g C, 3.7g S, 2.8g Fb, 1.8g P

Carrot and Coriander Soup
    A kitchen classic. Everybody should know how to make this delicious low calorie soup! The honey adds the smallest amount of sweetness and a slight depth of flavour which adds quite a bit to the taste.

Carrot and Coriander Soup
    Serves 6

1 tsp olive oil
    1 onion
    850g carrots
    1 tsp honey
    1 tsp coriander seeds, ground
    1 vegetable stock cube
    1l water
    3 tsp dried coriander
    pinch of salt
    pinch of black pepper

Chop the onion and fry off in the oil, once it has softened, lower the heat as much as possible and add the honey.
    Keep the onion slowly cooking, adding a little water if it appears to be getting dry.
    When the onions have turned brown, add the water, stock cube and coriander (seeds and leaf).
    Add the peeled and chopped carrot and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, or until the carrot pieces have thoroughly softened.
    Blend with a hand blender and season to taste.

77 calories per serving, 1.2g F, 0.2g SF, 16.5g C, 8.5g S, 4.3 Fb, 1.6g P
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    6 large green onions (1 bunch)
    2 green bell peppers
    1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (14.5 ounce size, diced or whole)
    1 bunch celery, sliced
    1/2 head cabbage, chopped
    1 package (Lipton) onion soup mix
    1 or 2 cubes bouillon (optional)
    1 48 oz can V8 juice, or 6 cups water or light chicken or vegetable broth
    Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc.*
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have never, nor will ever do the diet, but the soup is really good!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump... :D I love soup!
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love the cabbage soup too!!!
  • bigfluffyjujubird
    Options
    you can make any low fat veg soup, just take any veg except potatoes chop boil with stock bit of herbs then either have chunky or blend.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/ww-0-point-weight-watchers-cabbage-soup-128956

My mom used to make this all the time when she did WW a while back. It was good, but I swear we had it 3+ times/week, so I hated it as a kid. I'd probably try to make it again though now that I'm older and can appreciate low-calorie veggie goodness.