Good, non-pill, multi...

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
Just curious...can one get a decent multi containing digestive enzymes, prebiotics, probiotics, antioxidants, and phytonutrients in addition to just regular ol' vitamins...that isn't a pill (cause I have issues taking pills, lol) or extremely overpriced?

And I am asking in all seriousness...cause sooooooooo many people whine about the price of Shakeology, Body by Vi, Amazing Grass, and other such products...that I assume they know something the rest of us don't? But they never seem to share? And God forbid you ask in one of those other threads, cause they deem you and evil MLM person or something when you honestly wanna know. :explode:

Tell me to drink a whey shake and swallow a centrum and I ignore you. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    No clue.... but an idea for you... My niece had issues with taking pills up to her mid 20's. Her mom used to use a coffee grinder to pulverize them and mix them up in chocolate milk. Maybe you could do that and mix them in a smoothie?
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    So...beachbody coaches, vi promoters, etc. tell you their stuff is great "Just Because."

And...people who think it's crap have NO ALTERNATIVES with the same ingredients?

Really?

From this point forward I refuse to read any more Shakeology or Body by Vi threads. And until I get the same results from something else, the naysayers can leave me alone.

Thanks, "everyone" and have a nice day. :flowerforyou:

MzBug, I do something similar with pills now, only I use a cheap little pill crusher that I got in a drug store. Sometimes it's great, and other times, I can really taste the powder, lol. I tried this one multi that was HUGE, so obviously I had to crush it. The smoothie tasted terrible, so I didn't ever take the multi after that first day. But a lot of things like prescription strength Advil isn't so bad that way. I just wish they'd stop making pills so darn huge! :bigsmile:
  • gooteek
    Options
    Use Foodfacts.com

It allows you to access the food value of everything you want to make your diet as healthy as possible without taking anyone else's word for it.

I have struggled for over 10 years for what works for me and I know it would be lots of raw fruits and vegetables, but I simply do not have the money or time to shop every day maintaining the fresh produce, although I am working towards that more.

I would qualify that not everyone says what they have/use is great "Just Because", I researched all my decisions and did not rely on the word of others. Food Facts.com supported all the research I did, but more importantly, my body responded to the choices I have made. Stick to the facts and avoid all the emotional arguments and you will find what works for you.

I stand behind my choice of beachbody and make no apologies for that, I do not hide it. At the same time, I do not apologize for sharing it with others, but what I do different than most is point people to the facts and not make it an emotional assessment. Anyone who can use Google or You Tube (to see all the people that have used P90X and the shakes to transform their bodies), knows how to read an indigence label, and weigh simple facts will have the ability to make up their own minds.

I challenge anyone to gather the natural elements together from the store cheaper than what I am getting with my shake every day. It rates 97% food value with foodfacts.com (not a beachbody site) which is higher than most the fruits and vegetables.

The co-founding cardiologist for the artificial heart, among dozens of other doctors has come on board supporting this shake for maintaining healthy weight and nutrition. These are all facts that support why I use it...not "Just Because", I really am more intelligent than that.

I have been a MFP member for a long time before discovering beachbody, so I did not join to use the site for business, but I am not going to NOT be who I am and tell others what I use and what works for me. Like everyone else on here, I am looking to find ways to be fit and will share what works for me, just as I did with all my marathon training and learning about diet over the past year or two. I am a real person that happens to love the beachbody products I use and I share that information with my friends....I am not a Beachbody MLM pusher pretending to be a real friend on MFP. Please don't lump me into a category to make it easy to dismiss me or what I say works for me, I am a real person just like you.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Greens First powder is awesome. Tastes minty and is so good for you
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I challenge anyone to gather the natural elements together from the store cheaper than what I am getting with my shake every day. It rates 97% food value with foodfacts.com (not a beachbody site) which is higher than most the fruits and vegetables.

AOR Orthrocore + Green Vibrance + Any protein supp on the market would come out to cheaper per serving and have a 100x better ingredient profile
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So I wanted to see what people suggested because I always forget to take my pills and now I feel totally lost! Did a bunch of posts get deleted somewhere in there that I missed?!?

Never mind! Finally read all of the shakeology ramblings by the other poster and I assume the OP was making a preemptive statement as to not get overrun... I'm a goober, ignore me!
  • Acg67
    Options
    Use Foodfacts.com

foodfacts doesn't factor in the quality of ingredients into their little rating, which if they did would likely ding shakeolgy a good bit. Quality and bio availability of vitamin forms is more important then just their quantities
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options

AOR Orthrocore + Green Vibrance + Any protein supp on the market would come out to cheaper per serving and have a 100x better ingredient profile

my hero.
  • gooteek
    Options
    Before you get too far down the road on what you think, check the ingredient and where they came from on the site. As usual, many are making unfactual and unqualified statements. I guess ACG67 works at food facts.com and knows everything about how they test their food....again, stay away from what everyone says is and is not...you and check it yourself. And as far as cheaper, buy yourself a bunch of snicker bars...you can lose weight on a snickers bar replacement meal too, but that doesn't mean you are giving your body what it needs.

I've done all the things you suggest (AOR Orthrocore, Green Vibrance, most all protein supp )...have you done shakeology for more than a couple of day yet? That's what I thought. All natural ingredient made from quality food sources.

For those caught in the cross fire, don't believe me...don't believe them...go research it for yourself!

Beachbody also makes a cheap meal replacement shake that is superior to what you state and cheaper, but I don't use it either as the Shakeology has much more food value then you would like to give it credit for...all the things you suggest rate much lower on foodfacts.com....all of them! So keep believing what helps you sleep at night or check the facts without all the bias.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Before you get too far down the road on what you think, check the ingredient and where they came from on the site. As usual, many are making unfactual and unqualified statements. I guess ACG67 works at food facts.com and knows everything about how they test their food....again, stay away from what everyone says is and is not...you and check it yourself. And as far as cheaper, buy yourself a bunch of snicker bars...you can lose weight on a snickers bar replacement meal too, but that doesn't mean you are giving your body what it needs.

I've done all the things you suggest (AOR Orthrocore, Green Vibrance, most all protein supp )...have you done shakeology for more than a couple of day yet? That's what I thought. All natural ingredient made from quality food sources.

For those caught in the cross fire, don't believe me...don't believe them...go research it for yourself!

Beachbody also makes a cheap meal replacement shake that is superior to what you state and cheaper, but I don't use it either as the Shakeology has much more food value then you would like to give it credit for...all the things you suggest rate much lower on foodfacts.com....all of them! So keep believing what helps you sleep at night or check the facts without all the bias.

they rate lower on foodfacts? pls link me as i've just searched for them on it and they don't come up on the searches. And as i responded to your last post, foodfacts doesn't take into consideration the forms of vitamins. But i guess all vitamin forms are exactly the same and make no difference, correct?

did you even look at ortho core or green vibrance?

and shakeology is all natural? please do tell where cyanocobalamin can be found in nature
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    OK, I think some people are getting a little off topic. I don't want a shake to help me lose weight. I want something that includes all of those quality ingredients (OR has the same effects from it using other ingredients). I don't need a shake to lose weight. But, my mid-morning snack is ALWAYS a shake. I can get my macros and calories from any ol' protein shake. But my point is, I want something with all the health benefits that Shakeology, Body by Vi, and Amazing Grass offer in my shake without purchasing a bunch of ingredients to dump into my regular ol' protein shake.

People who don't like Shakeology, Body by Visalis, or Amazing Grass always say there are cheaper alternatives, but so far, only ONE person responding to this thread has given me something to look into. If all the shake haters have alternatives, please, tell me what you've got so I can then decide on my own what I will do!

If you look at my diary, you will see that I actually use Shakeology everyday. I do NOT use it to lose weight. Repeating that again...I do NOT use Shakeology to lose weight!!! I use it because (and maybe I'm a weirdo here) because I have had a protein shake of some kind as my mid morning snack for YEARS and YEARS before Shakeology was ever invented because I am a lazy poop and don't want to cook every meal I eat. Blending for 30 seconds is great. I chose Shakeology because I personally love the taste of the chocolate mixed with PB and flax seed better than the taste of chocolate protein powder mixed with PB and flax seed. AND, because all the other ingredients noted above are not included in ANY OTHER protein powder mixes. I have not noticed increased weight loss with Shakeology, because my calories remain the same as did my exercise. I have, on the other hand, seen other benefits such as reduced cholesterol (seen in lab tests with my doctor) and better GI health (as seen daily in my toilet bowl, lol, since using Shakeology). I DO NOT come here to push it on anyone or sell it, but I do use it.

So, my whole point? Can someone just offer an alternative that may be cheaper that I can use in addition to a regular ol' protein powder that in the end would both save money AND have the exact same effects as I have seen with Shakeology? So far I have one option above to check out, and I am looking into Body by Vi as they also taste good but I am not sure of their nutrition yet.

I didn't start this thread for Beachbody and non-Beachbody peeps to whine and bicker at each other.

And don't ever tell me to lose weight eating Snickers bars...never a good thing to say to me when I am simply looking for a multivitamin. :flowerforyou:
  • Lyadeia
    Options

Those look like excellent supps! Thank you!

But...

I am NOT seeing as how they are cheaper. :ohwell: The cheapest I found for the AOR Orthocore + Green Vibrance for a 30 day supply was $90 ($57 and $33 respectively...not including shipping or state taxes). If I had my protein powder to it (the kind I get is normally around $35 for a 30 day supply), then I am actually spending MORE doing that than buying Shakeology.

Unless you can provide an online store that has it cheaper that I haven't found? Let me know where you get those products. I get Shakeology for $90 a month with free shipping...so, even though those products you showed me might be superior nutrient-wise, I'd be spending more money in the end to get them unless you have a great low cost store to get them from and would be kind enough to share. :flowerforyou:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Greens First powder is awesome. Tastes minty and is so good for you

That looks similar to something that I was looking at from Max Muscle called Max Green Synergy, and they are similar in price. It looks like I would still definitely need to add it to protein powder, a fiber supplement, and a multivitamin source...and just like the above suggestion would end up costing me more than Shakeology. I'm also not sure about the minty flavor...I am sure it tastes good, but I was hoping to find something that I could add peanut butter to so I could still have my choco-PB flavor with added flax seed (cause I like that nutty tastin' chocolate, lol). I'm not sure that choco-PB mint would be something I would enjoy.
  • Acg67
    Options

But...

I am NOT seeing as how they are cheaper. :ohwell: The cheapest I found for the AOR Orthocore + Green Vibrance for a 30 day supply was $90 ($57 and $33 respectively...not including shipping or state taxes). If I had my protein powder to it (the kind I get is normally around $35 for a 30 day supply), then I am actually spending MORE doing that than buying Shakeology.

Unless you can provide an online store that has it cheaper that I haven't found? Let me know where you get those products. I get Shakeology for $90 a month with free shipping...so, even though those products you showed me might be superior nutrient-wise, I'd be spending more money in the end to get them unless you have a great low cost store to get them from and would be kind enough to share. :flowerforyou:

orthro core generally runs around 55+ (although many users half dose it @ 3 pills a day to make it last longer) another alternative that is a well put together mutli albeit not a liquid is Source naturals life force multiples for women, $27-32 for 60 day supply on amazon)

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Womens-Multiple-Tablets/dp/B000YFTEZ8/ref=sr_1_5?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1322833369&sr=1-5

60 supply is $52 at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-Health-Green-Vibrance-Family/dp/B000NDME6C/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1322833124&sr=1-1

so while yes you'd initially pay more then $90 you'd have more then a 1 month supply
  • wcasch
    wcasch Posts: 13
    Options
    I dont' know about all the extras your looking for but I take Centrum Chewable.
  • Lyadeia
    Options

But...

orthro core generally runs around 55+ (although many users half dose it @ 3 pills a day to make it last longer) another alternative that is a well put together mutli albeit not a liquid is Source naturals life force multiples for women, $27-32 for 60 day supply on amazon)

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Naturals-Womens-Multiple-Tablets/dp/B000YFTEZ8/ref=sr_1_5?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1322833369&sr=1-5

60 supply is $52 at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-Health-Green-Vibrance-Family/dp/B000NDME6C/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1322833124&sr=1-1

so while yes you'd initially pay more then $90 you'd have more then a 1 month supply

Awesome, thanks. :flowerforyou: