Owe owe owe OWIE!!

Options
I have been exercizing for awhile now but I did the 30 day shred the night before last and now every muscle in my body hurts!! All day yesterday and today! My question is that, Is it best to take a break and heal a little bit or should I just push on through?? I dont dare stop now that Im on a role!!

Replies

• rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I was super sore after the first day, and I pushed through to do the next few days. I think that as long as the pain is muscle soreness, not from some injury, and if you can do the exercises without wincing or stopping for long periods because of the pain, you should continue. But taking one day off will probably not make a huge negative difference in your results, so if your gut is telling you to stop, then follow that feeling.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Push through if you can! When I did it, it hurt so bad I could barely sit down and then to get back up..ha!

Good job though! Stick with it :)
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    take some Advil, drink more then the recommended amount of water and carry on....

(if you stop are you gonna start again?)
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'll be on day 3 today and holy crap I'm in pain. I did day one Sat, day 2 Mon, and today's day 3. I take a day off in between to rest my muscles and just do cardio on those days.

So yeah, take a day off but make sure to move around and stretch so you don't get too stiff. And I second the advil-I will be taking some shortly!

Good for you! Just think how awesome and fit we will be after we complete this program!
  • riamac
    riamac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Keep on going. The pain will ease start to ease. I promise :-)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between "sore" and "pain". Sore can be pushed through, pain should not.

If you are sore, drink lots of water and do 5 - 10 min of yoga style stretching after a vigorous workout. The stretching will greatly reduce the post workout racking feeling you can get once you body cools down. (For me it has also eliminated the cramps I used to get)

If it is a new exercise routine that is causing the soreness. This will pass as your body gets used to the new demands of the routine.

Have fun!
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between "sore" and "pain". Sore can be pushed through, pain should not.

If you are sore, drink lots of water and do 5 - 10 min of yoga style stretching after a vigorous workout. The stretching will greatly reduce the post workout racking feeling you can get once you body cools down. (For me it has also eliminated the cramps I used to get)

If it is a new exercise routine that is causing the soreness. This will pass as your body gets used to the new demands of the routine.

Have fun!

Winner. If I only worked out when my muscles didn't feel sore, I'd get in about two workouts a week; better than nothing, but not enough to see results. My personal preference is 3 days on 1 off/rest/yoga 2 days on 1 off/rest/yoga - but everyone will find something they prefer for their own body. I just finished the third day on. I was definitely sore when I started, and honestly, working out helps me feel better... gets all those muscle moving!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well Im sore in the sense that is hard to get up or down or move lol! But yes, I was sore yesterday too and still went to the gym lastnight! But my soreness hasnt eased up yet so I did take some ibuprofen and water. Ill do some stretches and just push myself the best I can!