What to do!?!?!

Options
Hi I’m going Christmas shopping tonight and as I only started this get fit and lose weight mission the other day, my mind (and I knows it’s wrong) keeps trying to say oh well we start properly tomorrow and all I can think of doing whilst out tonight is grabbing a KFC or Burger King. Any ideas what healthy yet enjoyable dinner I can grab whilst out? At the moment with xmas I just keep thinking would it not be easier to start in the new year  !!

Replies

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Subway fit menut... 300 cals average for 1/2 sandwich
    Grilled chicken...

Skp the extras (fries, chips, etc).....

Water will become your friend - or unsweetened ice tea...:flowerforyou: :drinker: :smile:
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    KFC Grilled Chicken and corn with a big glass of water. Walk briskly when you are shopping to burn off those extra calories.
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    Take something with you.......pack a cooler or take a protein shake. If you need some ideas on protein shakes message me :0) I always try to have something with me to eat if I know that I am going to be out for awhile. Apples, oranges and bananas are very portable as well as peanut butter.
  • fourgirlsmom
    Options
    muscle maker grill if u have one by you... has great options and low cal, high protien meals
  • MandaCakez
    MandaCakez Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food within my calorie window because there is no way u can stop cold turkey. Everyone deserves alil down time. I would suggest getting a burger without the fries and soda. Throw in a water. Ur gonna b walking around so u will burn alil bit of the calories off. Goodluck=]
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are an "eat at the fast food joint", "eat in the car after the drive thru", or "buy it and bring it home" but when I don't feel like cooking I go to Hyvee. They have a ton of healthly choices to grab and go. I was not a salad eater but thier Dilusso salads are to die for. They also come with a choice of dressing.

I also do Subway when I am on the run. Wheat bread, no cheese, and low fat ranch instead of Mayo with a turkey and ALL the veggies they will put on it! M M Goood!
    Honestly, it's hard at first, but you need to avoid Mc Donalds, KFC, Wendy's, Burger King, and Pizza Hut, as long as you can. I did for the first 2 months and I have absolutely no craving to swing into a drive thru. I am also a big chocaholic and by the time halloween came around when I went to cheat I didn't even like the taste of the chocolate (kit kat, snickers, 3 muskateers, etc) it tasted stale and not as rich as most low cal chocolate. I really believe your taste buds change.
    Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • tsushanroc
    Options
    If you are near a mall, and there is an Au Bon Pain there, they have great fat free chicken noodle soup. It's really good and fulfilling! A large is only 190 calories! Good luck! Don't stop for fast food...it's a calorie trap!
  • KerriHayward
    Options
    Thank you for all your encouragement! I’m pleased to say that I did go shopping and I did brisk walking for the evening and parked not so close to the shops so a) I had further to walk and b) I didn’t have the option to drop some of the bags off, hence carrying them about with me for the entire time! Once again thanks, with you lot behind me seemed to rude to pick up fast food so opted for a jacket pot.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food within my calorie window because there is no way u can stop cold turkey. Everyone deserves alil down time. I would suggest getting a burger without the fries and soda. Throw in a water. Ur gonna b walking around so u will burn alil bit of the calories off. Goodluck=]
    i agree
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you are near a mall, and there is an Au Bon Pain there, they have great fat free chicken noodle soup. It's really good and fulfilling! A large is only 190 calories! Good luck! Don't stop for fast food...it's a calorie trap!

au bon pain is awesome....
  • ryanperna
    ryanperna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich and yogurt parfait are my friends at McDonald's. Still not ideal, but better than the rest of the garbage!