I'm addicted to...

Options
THE SCALE!!! I know, I know! But I find myself getting up every morning and weighing myself. I've even tried hiding it so that I don't keep doing this. Then I get angry due to the fluctuation in my weight, just when I think I'm doing well, I gain a pound back. I'm currently doing the 30 DS and today will be day 3. I'm guessing since I'm so sore that my muscles are retaining water to rebuild, and this is the culprit! Let's hope so....in the meantime, I'm still going to take measurements and ask someone else to hide the scale, that way even if I go rifling through things to find it, maybe I will burn some calories!!!!!!

Replies

• Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    I was a card-carrying member of the scale addicts club. All it did was demotivate me and mess with my head. Can you ask a friend or family member to keep it a their house for once a week weight ins?

As for the Shred....glad to hear you are taking measurements. I believe I lost 9.5 inches my first go-round...unbelievable.

Good luck to you!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm a little addicted to the scale myself.....I weight AT LEAST every other day, but only log once weekly. It makes me not focus on the normal day-to-day weight fluctuations as much!
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    There is someone who I am following on Tumblr who had the same issue. Her nutritionist recommended that she keep a bottle of water by her bed at night, and when she awoke in the morning to drink the whole bottle, THEN weigh herself. Obviously then her weight wasn't accurate, and she would be discouraged from weighing herself in the morning all the time.

Apparently it worked, she said.
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    probably so on the weight...if you drink a 100 calorie Muscle Milk right after an intense workout...it helps your muscles recover @ a much quicker rate, without all the aches & pains from the build up of amino acids.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with weighing yourself every day.. just keep in mind that increases are either water, or food still in your system. There is no way you will gain a pound of fat overnight.
  • queenmegan
    Options
    I definitely have protein shakes after workout and take an amino!

I am glad that I am not the only one who does this. I am definitely asking someone to hide it. I would ideally like to weigh in on Sundays. :)
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I can't resist getting on the scales every day either, but mostly it doesn't bother me if my weight fluctuates.
  • micahcsmith
    Options
    I do this too. I weigh myself like 3 times a day. I don't get frusterated if I fluctuate a little thoughout the day. I think it helps me understand my body a little. I weigh the least in the mornings and the most before I go to bed. The only weight that really matters to me is the one on Monday morning which is my day that I actually log.
    I don't think any harm comes from weighing your self too much just as long as you don't get frusterated and you remember that things change thoughout the day and week.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am also a card carrying member of the scale addicts club!!! I weigh every morning first thing and record every days weight. flucuations are a little irritating but I know that as long as I'm doing what I need to be doing then it'll keep going the right way. Obsessive about it YES! Soe say its too much but it works for me right now.