Freezer Friendly Meals

Options
shander7
shander7 Posts: 613 Member
Hey everyone!
What are some recipes that you like to make well in advance and freeze?? I'm going to be making my grandmother (who cooks for my grandfather and not herself!!) a bunch of meals to keep in her freezer for easy preparation and I need some ideas! So far I'm planning::
Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Lasagna Roll-Ups
Vegetable Stir Fry

These recipes don't need to be 100% healthy (she's 5'0 and probably 100lbs or under, she could use some extra meat on her bones!!)

I appreciate all the help and can't wait to see your ideas and favorite meals!!

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like to make big batches of meatballs, freeze them and throw them in freezer bags for long term storage. They can be portioned out however you want, and added to spaghetti sauce, sweet & sour, barbecue, or brown gravy/stroganoff.

I also make big batches of twice baked potatoes (I like to add ham, broccoli & cheese) and freeze those individually.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you can try a yummy baked ziti, make some meatballs and use them for sandwiches :)
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Enchiladas are always a great idea. My mother's friend used to make us huge batches of enchiladas, wrap them individually in foil, and put them in big freezer Ziploc bags. Then you can grab individual enchiladas to heat up for lunch or dinner as needed!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I make huge batches of chunky chili soup and then portion it out into single serving containers. That way you don't have to thaw the whole batch for one bowl. Soups are always good to freeze. :)
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I make this thing called Noodle Bake- ground turkey, cream of celery soup and creamed corn, fine egg noodles. Once its all cooked, you can portion it out and freeze it in tubberware containers. Tastes great one re-heated and not super un-healthy. Message me if you want the full recipie/cooking instructions.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I make paula dean sausage balls (bisquick, sharp cheddar, sausage) and freeze them for my kids! Just take a few out of the freezer pop in the microwave and VOILA.....instant breakfast!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I make large batches of meatloaf and different flavors of quiches, but I always bake them in muffin tins. That way you automatically have an easy-to-freeze portion (makes it easier to calculate the calories & portion size you're eating, too!) so I find it very convenient.

For my quiche, I use plain old eggs as the base, mix up 6 or a dozen. Put whatever filling I want (seasonings, frozen spinach or other veggies, salsa, hamburger, Spam, whatever) in each muffin compartment then fill up the rest with egg & bake it at 350 until a toothpick comes out cleanly (about half an hour).
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a soup yet that I can't make a big patch and divide into cantainers and freeze.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the responses everyone!! I'll be sure to see which of these she likes :) I'm sure she'll like them all!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    pancakes, French toast... who doesn't love breakfast for dinner???
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Chili
    Soups
    Stews
    Shepherd's Pie
    Any type of casserole or "hot dish"
    taco meat
    spaghetti sauce (with or without meat)
    pot pies