over the protein amount

If I go over my suggested protein limit what effect will that have on my weight? This happens occasionally after eating yogurt or a bagel, which seem to have more protein than most other things I regularly eat. As a vegetarian I don't find protein easy to get, so should I worry or just keep on with the same? I am trying to lose some weight (about 7lbs) and don't want to jeapordise it.

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    If I go over my suggested protein limit what effect will that have on my weight?

Things to note:

1) As long as you stay in a calorie deficit your increased protein intake will not prevent weight loss.
    2) If you keep kcals the same and increase protein, either fat or carbs will decrease. Prolonged under-consumption of fat can have negative effects on your body.
    3) MFP base recommendations for protein are low. In that regard, it's good to go over that number.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    If I go over my suggested protein limit what effect will that have on my weight?

Things to note:

1) As long as you stay in a calorie deficit your increased protein intake will not prevent weight loss.
    2) If you keep kcals the same and increase protein, either fat or carbs will decrease. Prolonged under-consumption of fat can have negative effects on your body.
    3) MFP base recommendations for protein are low. In that regard, it's good to go over that number.

This