Mio Heart rate Monitor

Options
Just wondering if anyone has used a Mio Heart Rate Monitor, I am looking at one that I don't need the strap with so I can get a better reading of what I am burning all day. Or if you have any suggestions on one you like I would love to hear. Thanks.

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I had one and I took it back. Personally, I really disliked it. I decided to get a chest strap HRM instead and I LOVE it. I recommend you forget the Mio and get a Polar. I have used the ft4 and I'm now on the ft7. I never exercise without it.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I bought the Mio Pink watch HRM on sale for about $45.00. It doesnt work to well with running/jogging. I cant get it to take a heartrate until I stop and walk, which I would guess the calorie burn cant be right at the end of my run if it is not reading my hr throughout the run. I would spend the money on one with a chest strap that has good reviews.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I second that. The HRM with chest strap is more accurate, and the newer Polar chest straps are really quite comfortable. You can also get clothing that accomodates the monitor and wear it without the strap (I haven't tried this, because it's pretty expensive). I just bought my new Polar HRM from heart rate monitors USA, typing "polar" in the promo code, and saved an extra 5%. It shipped in two days! I replaced my 7 year old Polar.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You can even purchase the Polar HRM's at Target :-)
  • schmenly
    schmenly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I have a Polar FT4, but it was lost in a box when I moved, of course I will find it as soon as I buy the new one!
  • craigtrinkley
    Options
    Continuous Heart Rate is the key to properly recording or obtaining HR data. Consider this, when using a strapless monitor, you have to stop to obtain a reading (you are already starting to cool down), but with a strap system, you constantly know where your HR is and when you are out of your zone. I highly recommend the Polar FT4 or FT7 models for cardio/weight loss activities.
    Happy WorkOuts.
    www.HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com