Survived Day One of Jillian trying to kill me

Options
I started the 30 day shred yesterday. I took my before picture, I'll have to get it up at some point, and then I will post an after picture after I am done.

Jillian is a sadist. This DVD has convinced me fully.

(And I used fruit punch gatorade in liu of weights.)

Replies

• AylaBean
    AylaBean Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Jillian and I have a love hate relationship.
    I love the 30 day shred!
    Im working on Ripped in 30 right now... ouch!
    I start week 2 either today or tomorrow (depends how I feel after the gym today)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 and I can tell you by day 3 I was feeling better about the work outs... so stick with it, it does get easier!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    She is an evil b!tch. I can't stand her voice or her face. But that 30DS is one of the best workouts I've ever done (as far as at home DVD).

Good luck!!
  • sunshine2015
    Options
    The 30 day shred is a great workout!! I love her DVD, and she is rad on encouragement in that workout, almost like having her in your living room :) .......keep up the good work!!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Just wait til you hit Level 2. As she says though, "if you want to look like this, you have to work like that"...
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Just wait til you hit Level 2. As she says though, "if you want to look like this, you have to work like that"...
    I will never hear this... I mute the TV because I cannot stand the womans voice lol
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I will never hear this... I mute the TV because I cannot stand the womans voice lol
    XD Haha. I figure once I get Level 1 down, then I'm going to play music.
  • dkueter94
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with her too, but she is GOOD and gets the results you want! I'm one the last couple days of level 3 and it has been worth it!!!! I have lost inches and pounds and I'm starting to feel more confident about my body! Stick with it, you can do it! You'll be thankful you did! :)
  • whit1108
    Options
    I have not tryed the 30ds yet. I order it in the online the other morning. Im excited to get it. I have heard good things about this dvd and that it is a good workout. My plan is to start doing it every morning at 5am when it arrives. wish me luck :)
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love her and actually doing a combination of her workouts right now haha

At the end of Ripped in 30 she has this wonderful monologue that, as silly as it sounds, made me cry a lil bit.

What I like best is that she was a fat herself. She knows what its like and she pushed herself to get into shape.

Best of luck doll!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30DS this morning. It was a great workout routine and for the most part I enjoyed betting my rear kicked into shape. I lost lbs, I lost inches, and I can see muscle definition. I'm not done losing weight but seeing results as quickly as I did with this dvd helped keep me on track instead of losing my motivation. I actually like her style of training and also like the fact that when a move is difficult I can swear at my tv without worrying about offending anybody.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am on day 27, and to me it has been worth it. Level 1 ended up getting easier after day 5, in fact..I actually got bored with it by day 10. Level 2 on the other hand, at least to me, sucked every single day. I hated it and was surprised that I actually did all 10 days. Level 3 is my favorite. It doesn't get boring, yet I am not struggling the whole time either. Maybe it's because I have built some resistance? but I can feel that I am getting the most out of my workout with level 3. After I complete the 30 days, I am moving on to ripped in 30.
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love all her vids and podcasts! But do some research about how often you do these videos. They arent really meant for everyday like everyone thinks. More power to you though if you do. I like to do cardio or yoga every other day.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    30 DS was very challenging for me... I actually hated the workout... like hated it and I found myself calling her crazy quite often. I made it through the 30 DS and I definitely lost inches!!! I'm doing Killer Buns and Thighs now and I actually LOVE this workout. It's challenging and not full of exercise moves that I hate like 30 DS (not a fan of pushups....lol)!
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I tried doing her Ripped in 30 and would have enjoyed it better if she didn't constantly talk - I made it through week one with the whole "talk to the chest thing" but in week two when she got up behind one of the girls in the video and told her she had such a cute butt she could bite it......that is when I decided to move on to something else!!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 4 tonight...she is pure hell!
  • Lbond73
    Options
    I also loathe Jillian's taunting. There is a music mode where you don't have to listen to her grating voice. Just follow along. That was much more bearable.
  • Kris10can
    Options
    I have the dvd and right now it is collecting dust....I am going to give it another shot tonight!! :)
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I just started it too. Bad news-I peeked at level 2 and wanted to cry for the pain I'll be feeling when I move up to that level!
    I love a challenging workout though so bring it on!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

A-MEN! I can't stand her voice or her stupid "words of encouragement". But the routine is great.