30 DS help!!! :(

LilMizDetermined
LilMizDetermined Posts: 174 Member
Hey everyone!
So I just did Day 2 of the 30 DS and according to my HRM/calorie counter, I have only burned 34 calories each time...
THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT!!! I may stop for like 2 seconds every now and then, but I complete 99% of the work out!! I don't understand!!

Any suggestions? There is a sensitivity level on my HRM but when I change it to the most sensitive for walking, it counts way more steps than I actually take.

HELP!!

Replies

• espence30
    espence30 Posts: 116 Member
    I wish I could help....sorry, one I don't have HRM yet (its my xmas gift lol) and I have never done 30DS
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Yea I'd say the 34 cals in wrong. I just logged it in MFP under Circuit Training for 20 minutes, I forget how much it burned but it was way more than 34.
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Maybe try warming up beforehand so you heart rate is up already... don't know, just a suggestion.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    What kind of HRM do you have? Chest strap, or no?
  • tatzkee
    tatzkee Posts: 16 Member
    Hmmm...pretty odd that your calorie counter records a low calorie burn. But I'd suggest not to worry on what is recorded. Just go ahead and continue to do all those workouts with Jillian. Try taking a photo of yourself as early as now then prolly after 5 to 10 days, for sure you'll see the changes. I'm on my 6th day with the 30 DS and so far, I'm loving it! ;)
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    When I did it, I burned about 180 the first couple days, so I don't think it was accurate. Does your HRM have a chest strap?
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    I burn 180-200 calories each session. I think something might be wrong with your heart rate monitor. I'm pretty sure you burn more than 34 calories just /watching/ the 30DS video
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    That doesn't seem right. What HRM do you have? Does it come with a chest strap?
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    ya that's wrong. i burn 120-140 cals on level 1. I have a polar FT4, if your doesn't have a chest strap, thats probably why its not accurate
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    No, does not seem right. I burn around 125 and am on Day 9 doing the workouts fully (except for second set of pushups) and without stopping.
This discussion has been closed.