Artic Zero Ice Cream

Options
13»

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I thought the calorie discrepancy was because you supposedly couldn't digest and assimilate all of the calories in it so they don't count. I used to really like the stuff but it started disagreeing with me digestionally. It's probably for the best.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This talk of an additional 68% freaked me out, but in the article someone linked, this paragraph put it into perspective for me:
    The lofty percentage numbers make the implications for Arctic Zero overblown. Realistically we’re talking about a discrepancy of 50-100 calories for an ENTIRE PINT. You shouldn’t be eating an entire pint in one sitting anyway.
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. I was tempted to try it until I read that the other day. I will stay far far away.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/?fb_action_ids=4589260128700&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

"Three of the products actually had fewer calories than the label claimed: the Skinny Cow Cookies n' Cream Truffle Bar, Stonyfield Minty Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt, and Ben & Jerry's Fro-Yo Half-Baked. Two others had a bit more calories, but were within 10 percent of the label: Ben & Jerry's Fro-Yo Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Stonyfield's Creme Caramel Frozen Yogurt."

"Our sample of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple had a whopping 46 percent more calories than the label. The Chocolate Peanut Butter: an incredible 68 percent more calories."
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love me a frozen treat. Will check it out.
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I have heard of this but can't find it where I live...... :(
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post what the posted a few above did - that MSNBC tested this for the calorie count and it has 46% - 68% more calories than stated.

"Our sample of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple had a whopping 46 percent more calories than the label. The Chocolate Peanut Butter: an incredible 68 percent more calories."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.UDdrCcFmSuk
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ok...very excited to hear there is a Pumpkin Flavor!

I agree with some of the other posters...while I am upset that they can be so far off in their calorie claims, even 252 calories for a whole pint isn't too bad. I can't eat the whole thing at once as it is so I don't think it will make a difference.

Around me, Whole Foods and Publix Greenwise seems to have a good selection of flavors.