New Member looking for support system

Options
I have tried and failed over and over again. My B. pressure has gone through the roof so I really need to make sure the changes are my new habits. I like my sweets but I'm not real bad (ok, bad enough!). The worst part for me is exercise. I am self employed so I work ALWAYS and don't schedule time for myself to exercise and make proper meals. Fast cheap meals has been my down fall. I only have one child at home now and my husband who has about 5% body fat so what they need and I need are very different.

Telling myself I need to schedule time for me is easier said than done. My business is driven by strick timelines so I often work long hours. I spend less time on myself since my husband came to work for me. Now we are both self employed and he is a worse workaholic than I am. Our income is not secure so if I take time off I feel guilty.

Now that I am afraid of a high B. pressure and I know I need to lose so much weight that other health issues could just as easily sneak up on me. So I need to do this for my health more than anything. Wearing my old cloths again would also be nice. I refuse to be in any pictures because I look so bad. I'm finally ready for a change. My goal is 80 pounds to shed.

THANKS!

Stacy

Replies

• ltsoccermom
    Options
    I have tried and failed over and over again. My B. pressure has gone through the roof so I really need to make sure the changes are my new habits. I like my sweets but I'm not real bad (ok, bad enough!). The worst part for me is exercise. I am self employed so I work ALWAYS and don't schedule time for myself to exercise and make proper meals. Fast cheap meals has been my down fall. I only have one child at home now and my husband who has about 5% body fat so what they need and I need are very different.

Telling myself I need to schedule time for me is easier said than done. My business is driven by strick timelines so I often work long hours. I spend less time on myself since my husband came to work for me. Now we are both self employed and he is a worse workaholic than I am. Our income is not secure so if I take time off I feel guilty.

Now that I am afraid of a high B. pressure and I know I need to lose so much weight that other health issues could just as easily sneak up on me. So I need to do this for my health more than anything. Wearing my old cloths again would also be nice. I refuse to be in any pictures because I look so bad. I'm finally ready for a change. My goal is 80 pounds to shed.

THANKS!

Stacy
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    Making that time for yourself to exercise (even if its not much at first, work your way in to it!) is really important to get your heart rate up and get sweating to shed those pounds.
    I hope you find a system that can work for you! :smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. We are very glad to have you join us.

Have you ever tried having crock meals. They are wonderful and can easily fit into the quick easy meals you are needing. I love my rice cooker/steamer that might be something you can try also.

My husband is a total workaholic. I am lucky to get a full day with him a week. He is self emplyed and always looking for more. I do understand because he is very much the same way. But making a few minutes in the morning and in the evening will make a big difference. Once your eating habits improve you may find your body craving movement.

You can do this.:flowerforyou:
  • tlmillard
    Options
    Hi Stacy,

I, too, joined today. Looking for a way to get off those pounds. I am loving this program - the whole food diary thing is making me think twice about putting something in my mouth. Thankfully, I am tall and need to lose 10-15 pounds. Many people say those are the hardest to lose...but I think they're all hard! I am hoping that you'll find a friend to exercise with - it does make a difference to have someone make you accountable! Wishing you good luck!

Teresa
  • crystalnjim3n8
    Options
    I'm very busy too. My problem is I wake up at 5:15 and get ready for work, drive almost an hour to get to work, sit at a desk all day, leave work, drive and hour or more home (bad traffic here) and when I get home I'm so (mentally) exhausted that I have a hard time getting motivated to work out!! My sister (PammyB3130) recommended this site and I've been addicted to it all week! I'm happy to say that I just biked hard for 30 minutes on my stationary bike after I got home from work (I just started reading a new book my husband got me for Christmas--that took my mind off the pedaling and it seemed like it went by quicker). Now I'm winding down and I feel great!

I too like sweets (A LOT-chocolate & ice cream are my weaknesses!) I am trying to change to popsicles if I need a cool treat, it's better at least, and I have discovered Lifesaver's "Sweet Mints" they are only 15 calories and I can make one last 10 mins or more. That hits the spot for me when I need something a little sweet. Much better than the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup I crave. Than I can devour in 2 seconds...

Anyways--I hope you're able to achieve your goals! Have to log my exercise! Nice meeting you & hope to hear from you again!!

Crystal :happy:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm with ya! I really need to lose about 50 lbs although I'd be happy w/ 30 :) My doctor says by far SOUTH BEACH is the best out there. Because, its about eating healthy and living healthy. You can have 5% body fat and still be very unhealthy so its good for the whole family! Good luck! Its definitely hard...a work in progress!
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Thank you to everyone replying and giving me words of wisdom to follow. I too enjoy ice cream in the evening and I discovered Popsicles with a little ice cream in the middle that are only 50 calories. That was nice to take care of my craving without 350 additional calories.

The comment about having 5% body fat and not eating healthy is so true. My husband does enjoy eating healthy so we are going to have a family powwow on what we will eat to help me which will inturn help them as well. When I cook I really eat pretty good if I spend the time to plan it and make it. When I am in a rush we will eat out or make something quick from a box that is no good.

I do use my Crockpot a lot and I love making a pot of beans that we supplement with our dinners. I also enjoy stewing a chicken in the crock pot then make tortilla soup, chicken and veggie soup or chicken enchiladas. The natural chicken stock is excellent to use in any kind of soup.

Cooking is not the biggest problem it is getting out the door to exercise more than anything.

Thanks everyone for your advice!

Stacy