Good Supporting Sports Bra?

Options
I am NOT into exercising, AT ALL! However, I know if I want results, I gotta do it.

I got a work out video, and started it - then realized I need to get a good supporting sports bra.

Any recommendations? I do have a large chest. Not worried about it looking pretty, but want all the support I can get!

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Zella :love:
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    get one that goes by size. Cup size, NOT s,m, l, xl. I am a DD and buy them sized to me from a sporting goods store or online. They are more expensive but it makes a HUGE difference!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I bought one recently mane by Under Armour and I totally love it. I'm a D cup and it kept my girl locked and loaded!
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Go to a zellers/walmart and double up for like $20.
    (i buy one smaller and one my proper size)
    It'll do much better than an under armour bra for $40-$50 or a nike for $25.

I've spent sooo much money on bras to figure out that buying two is better than one!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I love the support I get from my Champion bras... they are the only ones I've ever bought that give decent support. I run and the buonce is really minimized. I get bras that are HIGH MCR (maximum motion control) rated. www.championusa.com (I've worn D to DDD bras - I haven't needed to double up these bras.)
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I just got some Bally sports bras at Sam's last night. A 3-pack was only 11 bucks! I am wearing one right now, and it's AWESOME!

(and I'm quite well endowed-even after getting to where I'm a size 10, I have a 38" chest)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Walmart. Danskin High Impact Sportsbra. It's great!
  • stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber brand. LOVE 'EM. I'm a DD and it keeps the ladies where they belong. :bigsmile:
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    If you're bigger like me (40DD), I got Moving Comfort from Amazon.com. They are great!
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I really like Champion Sports bras and they have a decent variety to choose from.
  • SteelersFan7
    SteelersFan7 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber brand. LOVE 'EM. I'm a DD and it keeps the ladies where they belong. :bigsmile:

I've heard really good things about this brand too.
  • insyweensy
    insyweensy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can find some really good (supportive) sports bras (and everyday bras) from titlenine.com. They sell a bra for every size/shape/activity, so they definitely have a bra for you. If you're lucky enough to live near a store (the website has a list of their locations) definitely go in and get fitted. The ladies who work there really know their stuff. Good luck!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm quite large (gosh, I wish I was a D again!) and I just put one of the cheapy non-cup-sized ones OVER my normal bra and they typically give a decent amount of support. Aside from strapping them down, they're going to move, but they move a LOT less when I double up. They continue to fit as I get smaller or are cheap to replace, I have yet to find a fitted bra in my size that isn't for horse riders and costs more than my regular bras. (40G here)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I second the Moving Comfort suggestion. I'm a 34D, and I have the Juno and Charity bras. They are high-quality bras that withstand lots of washing. The Juno bra is better in terms of keeping everything in place (we're talking "the girls aren't budging"). It is racerback and has a standard back closure, plus velcro straps so it's easier to take off when you're sweaty. The Charity bra is the more comfortable (and cuter and cheaper) of the two, but it is of the shelf-bra variety, meaning it doesn't have separate cups, so you'd really probably need to go down a size to get more support.

I got both on Amazon. They're cheaper there than on the Moving Comfort website or a third-party website.

I have some sports bras from Old Navy, but I don't wear them for working out because they just don't provide enough support. However, I do have some newer Old Navy compression tanks with a built-in bra that work very well.

Oh, and PSA for girls with D+ boobies: sports bras with zippers in the front = very bad idea.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I third (or 4th) the Moving Comfort. I have the Fiona style. Adjustable velcro straps, very supportive but not "squishy".
  • tcklmetoo
    tcklmetoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The ones I've been wearing are from Target. They come in many colors and you can choose wide straps or skinny straps. I ALWAYS get the t-backed style for support. If I'm doing alot of bouncing (like running), I'll actually wear two.
    Just this morning it came up in CrossFit class and Luke's Locker was mentioned as having a great selection of really good and supportive bras.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I wear Champions from Target too. I get the T-back compression bras. They are in the $20 range and work great for me.
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I was breastfeeding my son I wore a DD and the only bra I found that would allow me to run on the treadmill without bouncing was the Enell bra. Expensive but worth it.
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have a compression sports bra (either Champion or Underarmour - I can't remember), and I think it works a little TOO well. I find that I can't wait to get the thing off of me, but it keeps the girls in place nicely.