Work out Courteousy? Help!

2»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    This is going to sound horrible, but I don't really care whether or not my workouts bother the guy who lives below me. It's 45 minutes 3 times a week, usually between 4:00 and 5:30 PM. If I were doing something that involved a lot of noise for an extended period of time or if I were working out in the wee hours of the morning, I'd feel more of an obligation to solicit his input. Otherwise, I think there are some things you just have to learn to deal with when you live in an apartment.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks everyone! I guess I will ask because just doing push ups, sit ups, and squats is getting boring and I am really wanting to do one of my work out videos
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    I live in an apartment building too. I'm on the second level, and I just kind of watch for my neighbour to leave for work. I only live in a 6 unit building, so everyone kind of knows each other. I also try to keep my "thumping" level low so not to annoy them too much. So far, I think they just kind of ignore it or realize that I'm not going to be loud for a long period of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XFBkv2xjbU

This one has SOME jumping, but it's not excessive.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    oops...I meant to quote something. I agree with the person who said to go downstairs, introduce yourself, and ask them!
  • Well you could of course ask your neighbors what would be good time, but you could also go for a jog outside and do a strength training routine inside which would not make too much noise (as long as you dont drop the weights on the floor) LOL. Lunges is a good strength exercise with a cardio benifit also push ups will build upper body strength and get your heart rate up.
This discussion has been closed.