So last night, we were out for my daughter's b-day at Red Ro

Jeff92se
Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
I thought to myself, hell why not. So I orderd a Royal RedRobin burger. Holy mother of &)*&^(&(*_.

1191 calories just from the burger. hahaha. Oh and I ate the fries too. (1600 calories total) I just happened to skip breakfast that day.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/red-robin/royal-red-robin-burger. ended up 590 caloires in the red that day.

Replies

• Your making me hungry
  • Imagine my Horror when I first started, and went to Chili's and ordered my favorite burger. The Southern Smokehouse with Avocado. 2,400 calories. In the burger....
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    its fine as long as it doesn't happen too often :-)
  • alynk
    alynk Posts: 27
    I have not found anything healthy at Red Robin... but then I always get sucked into eating their fries dipped in campfire sauce!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    It's only one day. No biggie.

But, I bet you've learned a lesson from this. I'm AMAZED at the calorie totals for restaurant foods. Now that I'm paying attention to them - HOLY GOODNESS! No wonder we are an obese society with a screwed up view of portion sizes!
  • Those fries are dangerous! But really delicious!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Yeah, it's shocking. I think about how I used to eat...like that, on a very regular basis without thought.

Nowadays, I still have that kind of stuff, but once in a while.....and often, I feel like crap after I eat it, so then I want it less the next time. One here and there won't kill us...but daily or even weekly just might.....

Live and learn, right?

:smile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member

But, I bet you've learned a lesson from this. I'm AMAZED at the calorie totals for restaurant foods. Now that I'm paying attention to them - HOLY GOODNESS! No wonder we are an obese society with a screwed up view of portion sizes!

I knew they were bad but not THAT bad. But it was good, real good. The greasy fried egg in the middle.........................:heart::bigsmile:
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    I went to an event at the mall a few wks ago and we stopped by the food court. I got one slice of pizza from Sabarros and it turns out that the one (not that yummy) slice was 730 calories...I had enough cals because of all the walking I did. I won't eat there again....
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Went there for my son's birthday a few months ago, the food was horrible!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member

I knew they were bad but not THAT bad. But it was good, real good. The greasy fried egg in the middle.........................:heart::bigsmile:

LOL.

Last time I went to Red Robin (which was.. oh, probably 8 months ago).. I had the salmon. Figured it would be good, right? WRONG. It had something like 600 calories in it.

Really? Sheesh.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Oh yeah, pizza's diabolical. even the thin crust types can pile on the kcals faster than you can say "pass the parmesan."
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    WTG
  • I did this last month. I agree whole heartedly!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    i_hug_that_feel.png?1300595876
  • e_morr
    e_morr Posts: 6 Member
    I went to RR the day before I started my diet, as a "last hurrah", and yikes, I was just like you - burger/fries/water == 1463 calories, but what floored me was a whopping 77g of fat and 2496 mg of sodium! Still, it was good though.
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    It's crazy to see how many calories food has! I used to love nachos-- but no more. At Red Robins I like to get the small hamburger with a side salad with lite ranch dressing. Then I snag a few of my son's fries and call it a meal!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Yummmmmmmmm
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Where we live, the county has mandated that calories be posted on all restaurant menus. It has taken ALL of the fun out of eating out.

(sigh) If I want burger and fries at McDonald's, then I order a happy meal. It's the only value meal on the menu that doesn't bust up my numbers too badly. FTW, sometimes I get a really cool toy.

Take a look at the Turkey Avocado burger at Ruby Tuesdays. 1171 calories and 58 grams of fat. From a TURKEY burger.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    It's crazy! I get a little stressed out when I got out to eat sometimes!