Hello MFP

Hello everyone! I am just starting out using myfitnesspal and hope that it keeps me on track.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Brandi and am 23 years old. I don't necessarily think I HAVE to lose a ton of weight. However, a couple years ago I gained about 8 pounds after losing a loved one. Then, this past summer I had wrist surgery and was out for about 12 weeks. In the summer I am able to work out really hard. Lifting weights about 4 times a week and doing cardio 3-4 times a week. However, when summer is over it's back to work (I am a high school teacher). During the school year I get so tired and don't feel the motivation to work out. It is also so much easier for me to eat unhealthy with all the snacks teachers bring for lunch. It doesn't help that my fiance is big (6 foot and 225 lbs) and can eat whatever he wants because he works out so hard. I don't work out as hard because he lifts to put on weight, I lift to tone. Seeing him eat so much and eat delicious food makes me want that food as well. I finally decided on Sunday that I am going to stick to a diet and start working out. It has been 3 days and I have done just that. However, I want ice cream or chocolate or chips ALREADY :smile: So far I haven't gave in. I have tried healthy eating before but always seem to lose focus a couple weeks in. Anyways, that's my story. Hope MFP helps. Talk to you all later!

Replies

• Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    You'll find out that "diet" is an ugly word around here. Don't deprive yourself of the things you love; just learn to eat them in moderation. Have a spoonful of ice cream, or a single serving of chips. Build those favorite foods into your daily calorie count so you don't feel deprived. Just be sure they are balanced out with healthier foods.

Diets fail because you can't sustain the deprivation.

Welcome to MFP! You'll find lots of suggestions, support and motivation here. Good luck on your journey!