Confronting my arch enemy

Options
Okay, today I walked into Target, and immediately I was eye to eye with my arch nemisis: THE BIKINI!!!!!
The bikinis soon ganged up with the one-pieces and the tankinis and began staring me down. "It's FEBRUARY in N America, for crying out loud...why am I being tortured already?" I thought (Bathing suit shopping is the thing I dread most in the world). Suddenly, I started to get that little nauseous feeling in the pit of my tummy...you know the one... So I decided to do something about it. I confronted the bathing suits. Oh YES I DID! I walked right up to them, slightly nervous, but ready to do battle. And I looked at them all and told them, "You don't scare me. You will not defeat me anymore. You, you, you little string-of-a-thing, will no longer ruin my day, my week, my year, nor my life by trying you on for size! This year, I shall conquer you!!!" The swim suits couldn't believe I stood up to them...they were "hanging" on my every word. I began to size-them up, and realized none of those little bullies were worth my time.

So later today, I entered Marshall's, and noticed this was one of their hang-outs too. But bravery welled up inside me, and I struck out at a few. I wrestled these to the fitting room, so we could have our dreaded brawl in private. And to my amazement, instead of leaving the store defeated and disgusted...I actually made friends with some of them! In fact, one of them I got along with so well, that it came home to live with me, at least until fall!

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Okay, today I walked into Target, and immediately I was eye to eye with my arch nemisis: THE BIKINI!!!!!
    The bikinis soon ganged up with the one-pieces and the tankinis and began staring me down. "It's FEBRUARY in N America, for crying out loud...why am I being tortured already?" I thought (Bathing suit shopping is the thing I dread most in the world). Suddenly, I started to get that little nauseous feeling in the pit of my tummy...you know the one... So I decided to do something about it. I confronted the bathing suits. Oh YES I DID! I walked right up to them, slightly nervous, but ready to do battle. And I looked at them all and told them, "You don't scare me. You will not defeat me anymore. You, you, you little string-of-a-thing, will no longer ruin my day, my week, my year, nor my life by trying you on for size! This year, I shall conquer you!!!" The swim suits couldn't believe I stood up to them...they were "hanging" on my every word. I began to size-them up, and realized none of those little bullies were worth my time.

So later today, I entered Marshall's, and noticed this was one of their hang-outs too. But bravery welled up inside me, and I struck out at a few. I wrestled these to the fitting room, so we could have our dreaded brawl in private. And to my amazement, instead of leaving the store defeated and disgusted...I actually made friends with some of them! In fact, one of them I got along with so well, that it came home to live with me, at least until fall!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    ugh the bikini and i well never get along. i'm blaming it on the fact that we both have dominant personalities which causes us to clash.

you may have won the battle, swim suite season, but you won't win the war!!!
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the humorous post:laugh:
  • myhoney
    Options
    :laugh: thats great! :drinker:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That was the cutest post ever.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    THAT"S why I like living in Alaska... It's too darn cold to worry about those mean ol' bikini's!!!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    THAT"S why I like living in Alaska... It's too darn cold to worry about those mean ol' bikini's!!!

You mean you don't have fur-lined bikinis there??? LOL!!!!:laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Ha!!! If there are any fur-lined bikinis, you wouldn't be able to see them... Everyone is bundled up in their winter gear.:bigsmile:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Ha!!! If there are any fur-lined bikinis, you wouldn't be able to see them... Everyone is bundled up in their winter gear.:bigsmile:

That's funny!!! It reminds me of the time my parents decided to take a cruise up there....so they wouldn't have to wear a bathing suit & could eat all they wanted!!!! :laugh:

I actually have a student this year who transferred from AK...he says everything up there is lined with something. I'm such a pansy in N. CAL...I dress like an eskimo just to go walk the dog in 50 degree weather!!!! :laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    We lived in Georgia for three years and then Hawaii for 3... When we moved back to AK, our daughters were DEFINITELY NOT acclimated... Poor kids... It took forever for my youngest to even enjoy playing outside. I think the only member of the family that didn't completely hate the cold was our 90lb dog... He loved the snow and would actually lay down in it like it was a big, fluffy bed made just for him!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    We lived in Georgia for three years and then Hawaii for 3... When we moved back to AK, our daughters were DEFINITELY NOT acclimated... Poor kids... It took forever for my youngest to even enjoy playing outside. I think the only member of the family that didn't completely hate the cold was our 90lb dog... He loved the snow and would actually lay down in it like it was a big, fluffy bed made just for him!

Oh my gosh...I LOVE Georgia...we were supposed to move there two years ago, and I was heartbroken when we didn't get to. We were moving to Cumming, near lake Lanier. And Hawaii...OMGosh!!!! That's the Kingdom of the Bikini Beasts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Hawaii was great, but when I moved there I was about 4 months pregnant... Talk about not wanting to be anywhere near a bikini!!! But I am glad we do live in Alaska and not Georgia or Hawaii-I don't like bugs, and Georgia had some nasty ones... And Hawaii had these huge centipedes that were extremely dangerous... At least here in AK, you only have to worry about moose(and sometimes bears); it's a little difficult to miss a moose sitting in your yard, but it's easy to miss a centipede that's hiding in your living room...
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Hawaii was great, but when I moved there I was about 4 months pregnant... Talk about not wanting to be anywhere near a bikini!!! But I am glad we do live in Alaska and not Georgia or Hawaii-I don't like bugs, and Georgia had some nasty ones... And Hawaii had these huge centipedes that were extremely dangerous... At least here in AK, you only have to worry about moose(and sometimes bears); it's a little difficult to miss a moose sitting in your yard, but it's easy to miss a centipede that's hiding in your living room...

Someday I plan to visit AK....but I'm a warm weather girl...and I don't mind humidity....it makes my skin feel so soft!!!! (Got to find that silver lining somewhere, right?!) :laugh: I'm hoping my kids decide to settle in San Diego or somewhere warm...one of them is talking about Georgia Tech. Since we have family in Georgia, I would LOVE to make THAT move! In the meantime, we need to ride out this rough economy ride and see where we land. :smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh I loved this!:laugh: Heck forget the bikinis don't think one will ever meet this body in battle, I have a hard enough time with the one pieces. :huh: Ugh! Thanks again for the laugh!:flowerforyou:
    Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh I loved this!:laugh: Heck forget the bikinis don't think one will ever meet this body in battle, I have a hard enough time with the one pieces. :huh: Ugh! Thanks again for the laugh!:flowerforyou:
    Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ooohh....maybe we can have a Bathing Suit Show Down: One Pieces vs. Bikinis
    The One Pieces will win though....they have more substance!!!!:laugh:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    :laugh: thanks for the chuckles!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    :laugh: thanks for the chuckles!

You're welcome! That's what I'm here for!!!!! I figure, you gotta find in humor in everything...life's too short not to laugh everyday, and sometimes we just gotta laugh at ourselves!!! :happy: (Not-to-mention, I'd rather get a root canal than go bathing suit shopping....ANYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!) :happy:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Where do you confront your enemy? Any suggestions on bathing suit shopping? No too expensive???
  • Mickie17
    Options
    What are your arch enemies???:smile: What are the things you feel like you battle against, time and time again???