when should i tell?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I think you should ask your Mum and Dad to please keep quiet and to respect your wishes and suprise her when you see her at Christmas. You deserve to see the shock on her face. Just tell your Mum and Dad how hard you've worked and how much it means to you to be able to tell her yourself. I wish I could be a fly on the wall! x

^^ This! Her face will be priceless when she sees you!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Congrats, You deserve to see your sisters face personally when it's revealed. Can't you fit in a quick trip to see here before you're parents? Isn't there some way you could surprise her. Maybe your parents could help you do it. Or go with them.

If not ,email the photos while your on the phone with her so you can hear her reaction at least if not see it.
    Oh Skype, then you can see her face, .We do it all the time with our grandkids so we can see them open gifts we have posted to them. It's wonderful seeing their faces. You deserve to see hers.
  • xxsandosx
    Options
    I think you should reveal your big weight loss when you're ready. You worked hard to get where you are and it needs to be on your terms. Even if your parents spill the beans, is your sister going to believe them? Mine sure wouldn't. Make sure mom deletes any recent pictures she may have of you off her phone before she goes for the holidays. Once you get to the point you want to share your news, maybe treat yourself to a tip out to visit your sister, send her a card with before and after picture, or Skype her and have her see you show off! No matter what, congratulations!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation. But, when my family members saw me, they were still shocked by the difference. Just because your parents say you've lost weight and made a big change... it doesn't make the same impact as when your sister sees you and her jaw drops in awe of your progress.

You look super hot btw in your new profile photo.
  • bambier
    Options
    I think you should ask your Mum and Dad to please keep quiet and to respect your wishes and suprise her when you see her at Christmas. You deserve to see the shock on her face. Just tell your Mum and Dad how hard you've worked and how much it means to you to be able to tell her yourself. I wish I could be a fly on the wall! x

I say this as well!

Reality is even if your mom and dad can't keep quiet in the end, make sure they don't take any photos of you with them. Then save the actual visuals for in person rather than sending her photos -- it'll be worth it to see her reaction!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation. But, when my family members saw me, they were still shocked by the difference. Just because your parents say you've lost weight and made a big change... it doesn't make the same impact as when your sister sees you and her jaw drops in awe of your progress.

You look super hot btw in your new profile photo.

Lol thanks...not used to the term "hot" yet!
  • sjadams01
    Options
    This journey is about you....not your sister. It should not matter who/how someone tells her...just that you know you are doing your best for yourself.

Totally agree with this. It's not about her it's about you and the positive changes you are making FOR YOU.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can send her a pic from your phone.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Send her a holiday card with a picture of the new you! :)

This is an excellent idea!!! Merry Christmas to you!!!! And egg on her face!
  • MyPromise
    Options
    She's your sister so send a picture of you now. She will be very proud of your success. Remember you are sisters but two completely different people so don't worry so much about how you think she will react, just share your New Improved You with her, you'll be glad you did. You have done the work and should bask in the rewards. Good Job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!