Second Interview for a Job

Options
Photoology
Photoology Posts: 121 Member
So I passed round one for a job interview for a job I really want... and need advice onto how to prepare for a second round interview for them to offer me this job!

The job basically would be the marketing assistant for a large company that runs events in major malls.

Any advice or any idea of where I should look for more info?

Replies

• drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    google names of the executives

LinkedIn is awesome - search profiles, company info etc.

their site might have some good stuff on press releases, media etc.

have lots of good questions written down. and prepare, prepare, prepare.

GOOD LUCK!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Have you sent the interviewer/recruiter a thank you letter for your first interview? I usually send one to express thanks for the opportunity, reiterate how you think you're a good match for the position and let them know you're definitely still interested. Even if the second interview is already booked it's always a good idea to showcase your follow-up skills, etc.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Dress to kill! Go into the interview enthusiastic and with a very positive attitude. Know your stuff and mainly stuff about the company you are interviewing with. Throw in the fact that you are up for anything and that you are a "team player" employers love to hear that! But don't forget to be yourself because people can see right through the BS...so don't overdo it! You got this...good luck to you!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Know a bit more about the company, but be on time and be sharp.
    Good Luck.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Get someone to ask you sample questions and practice your answers. Work on eliminating "ums and ahs" and giving concrete examples of your skills and experience. For example: "What do you think is the most important aspect of marketing to small businesses?" (random question) "When I was working as .... I gained the highest response ever to a direct mail out to small businesses by ... So I think the most important aspects are ....."

It's kind of like writing essays out loud - repeat bits of the question and give specific examples. Stop when you're done, don't just ramble on and on. Jot down notes for yourself about your key achievements and memorise them. Also including how you overcame adversity i.e. resolving conflict at work as they often ask about that.

Also, plan some questions to ask them about the company (I hate doing that, but it's the done thing).

And groom yourself to all get out - formal, conservative clothing, tidy hair and nails, polished shoes etc.

Do you damnedest, but don't beat yourself up if you don't get it. You may not be quite the person they're looking for, but that doesn't mean you're not an excellent employee and you won't get the job another time.

Good luck!