well hey there, gang.

Options
Hey all you out there in weightloss-land, I’m glad to join the charge. This is my first post on MFP, I just joined a couple days ago.

My weight loss started last November, when I finally had to suck it up and stop blaming increasingly unflattering photos on the camera, angle, shutter speed, lighting, rise of the tide, and so on. When I started losing, I was at 177 lbs, packed on through delusions that my teenage metabolism would never crap out on me coupled with a 24-hour drive-thru on the way home from my favorite bar. Something’s wrong when the McDonald’s attendant (O sweet Regina!) says that she misses your smile, and another knows he can always bum a smoke through the second window.

It was mostly dieting that got me back down so my license was no longer a lie and that’s when things fell off. I’d gotten down to around 140, with my goal originally being 130. I’m around 144-146 right now (down from 155 after a potato-and-Guinness fueled charge to Dublin), and I’m happy to say that my previous months of teaching myself to eat well have often enough carried through. I’ve gotten used to diet sodas, and my calorie-counting has made aware enough to jerk the brake when I want to cram my maw with sugar and garbage.

I’ve found without counting calories, I’m always letting myself slide, but I’ve got a new stride and I’m back to finish the job. I plan on getting involved in the community for inspiration and motivation and to try to help do the same for others. The keel is true when we row together.

Replies

• liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We are glad to have you! Good luck with meeting your goals and with resisting the temptations!!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you would like a friend!
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey there - welcome (fellow MNer) - you've come to the right place!!! We're all here for you! :smile: Feel free to add me....