Period.

Options
I love how you feel when you lose weight and just when you get to this plateau with your weight, Aunt Flow comes along and RUINS it!! Oh how wonderful it is to be a woman...Guess I'll just have to work out harder and drink a lot more water.

Replies

• ngardner78
    Options
    I can totally relate. I do very well all month long, and then BAM, as soon as I start PMSing, I lose ambition and get some crazy cravings.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    you know its water right?
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I so relate to that too! Dang Mother Nature!!! :)
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I hate that b*4ch!!!
  • Keran24
    Keran24 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Between a few bad eating days around Thanksgiving and "Aunt Flow" coming to visit at the end of the week, I am up a few pounds. The good thing is I will be down a few and then some next week. Happens every month. Gotta love it!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I was flat and proud yesterday, today umm feel bloated and yucky!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    aa0d950e.png
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    you know its water right?

It is just water, but raggy women love to have something to b!tch about!

:laugh:
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It can work the opposite too, I weigh myself at the start of my period and wait a week and weigh again and I will have lost 5 pounds or more... and so I work that into a positive rather than worrying about how much I gain... it is what it is and its every month so I try not to let it get to me! :drinker: :tongue:
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I only gain 1lb of water weight when "Aunt Flow" arrives. I workout more when it happens.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    No reason to work out harder, it's not like you gained fat. You're just retaining water.

If you'd like a place for women to talk about menstruation and weight loss, join this group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/779-periods-period
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am glad to know that I am not alone in this! I have been so cranky this week it's not even funny. And yesterday? Between Aunt Flow and just all around stressed, I devoured a lot that I shouldn't have. It's making me insane!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I don't get hating anything about being a woman.....all the cycle stuff and how we fluctuate makes us the love machines that we are.

Back in the day we women gathered in our caves during this time and supported and CELEBRATED each other, really nurturing! Can't we let up a bit on the complaining and embrace our femininity?

Rather be and do that than a static, steady, flat line guy.....just saying!
  • I love how you feel when you lose weight and just when you get to this plateau with your weight, Aunt Flow comes along and RUINS it!! Oh how wonderful it is to be a woman...Guess I'll just have to work out harder and drink a lot more water.

I always get really hungry when I cramp, like I'm mistaking my period pains for hunger pains! haha
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    aa0d950e.png

Love this so true this seems to be the place where all those types of questions can be answered.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Just continue staying with the plan and don't take the number on the scale too personally that week. :-)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't generally experience common time of the month symptoms. I'm just a cranky b*tch...period.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, it's only water. The one time I weighed during TOM I was up 6lbs. Literally, all of it came off within 3/4 days and I didn't even have to try!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I don't have an Aunt Flow. I do however have an Aunt Kristy that likes cheap wine. Whenever I go over and visit I am always over my calories. Mmmmm, Franzia.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Aunt Flow doesn't visit me either, come to think of it I don't have any Aunt's...oh well just ignore that number till next week