weekends hard to do my workout

Options
Weekends are a challenge for me. I don't like working out when my boyfriend is there... feel odd working out on the gazzle eliptical.. just cause I know I look like a moron when using it ,but its my favorite tool for getting a cardio workout.
Wine... Steves always over with wine.... Food... tonight is steak.. ( I know I can be smart in portion size)
Getting up at crack of dawn to be at the garage I work at by 6.45 am always requires a triple triple coffee from Tim Hortons. ( I have to give that up and have on weekdays)
So during the week I follow the book here with working out at least a hour to hour and a half eliptical and some reps on my bally twister... but weekends god help me...

Replies

• nevertellen34
    Options
    Weekends are a challenge for me. I don't like working out when my boyfriend is there... feel odd working out on the gazzle eliptical.. just cause I know I look like a moron when using it ,but its my favorite tool for getting a cardio workout.
    Wine... Steves always over with wine.... Food... tonight is steak.. ( I know I can be smart in portion size)
    Getting up at crack of dawn to be at the garage I work at by 6.45 am always requires a triple triple coffee from Tim Hortons. ( I have to give that up and have on weekdays)
    So during the week I follow the book here with working out at least a hour to hour and a half eliptical and some reps on my bally twister... but weekends god help me...
  • DMORTIFF
    DMORTIFF Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you know every weekend for along time i would say mon i will start working out and never did, i had to just start were i started. My wife says i run funny, but you know i had to get past that too in order for Monday to actually start for me. And now that it has i look forward to the weekends so i can run with my daughter, feel good about myself after and let her see what my funny running looks like afterward.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    On the contrary... I used to be a Timmy's addict too until I realized that it was all in my head. On top of the fact that the tripple tripple is probably well over 250 calories by itself it really isn't waking you up as much as you think it is. Im not disputing the fact that caffein (sp?) is a stimulant, Im just challenging you to try what I did. Eat an apple next time, and have faith... it will wake you up far more than a timmy's and it's way better for you. Eventually you will probably wonder why you ever got on the timmy's bandwagon in the first place. Take it from me, another guy who "couldn't function in the morning" without a Timmy's... probably was helping to keep me overweight too. As far as your boyfriend is concerned, why not make him work out with you? No offence but that's a pretty silly excuse not to work out... you deserve your workout time dont you think?
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    Weird thing is I miss my eliptical training today. I am thinking for my lunch hour going for a quick walk around the autopark ( we have a huge private circle road ) I hate working saturdays but I can view this as a chance to get a different style of workout.
    Sundays I always wake up before my bf as a force of habbit the OH CRAP I AM LATE OH YEAH I DONT WORK SYNDROM. I can do my workout then. Its wierd but I like my workout at my own privacy.. its my time no kids ,no bf, no coworkers ,no friends. This is time for me. I view this as a special time set aside for myself and that alone makes me look forward to something I once regarded as a chore. Now as far as the foods concerned on the weekend this is a place I really need to work ,, I have to forgo stopping at the coffee shop. I never realised before starting my food recording here just how bad something like coffee can really be jeez! A whole meals worth of calories and fat! I know where I have to start this site has given me the basis and the support to start on the road to a better me.