Joining for the extra Oomph!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I moved back to the Pittsburgh, PA area after being away for 7 years. I decided I was getting back to my root and getting back to a healthier me. Since 2011 started, I've lost 33 pounds. I missed my goal of 43 by November 19th. My cousin who's only 6 months older than I was getting married that day, and I wanted to get back to my Freshman year of college weight. I've never been the skinny one, and thought it was an attainable goal. I tried hard, but missed the mark. Now I'm going for my ultimate goal, which is 35 pounds away. I have some extra motivation right now, as I found out last night that I will be heading to the Bahamas in January. That means not only will I need to figure out how to get some sun so I don't burn, I also need to be comfortable in a bathing suite.

I love the first 33 by getting active. I got EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii and started out on their plan. I wavered some, but made progress. I ate healthier, mostly salads for lunch and lean meats with veggies for dinner. I'm horrible at eating breakfast or eating at structured times. Also, I'm allergic to all seafood, so I am limited to what I can substitute in, because chicken can get so boring! Money is also T-I-G-H-T, so I'm trying to be careful. Recently, I got an elliptical that has joined my living room and taunts me daily. I try to make sure I pay my dues, but lately I haven't been as good as I should be.

Any support, advice, or tips would be greatly appreciated. How have you gotten on a better eating schedule? What are some budget friendly foods that work for you? How can I keep my elliptical workout new? Any one else have a goal in mind for a specific date?

Thanks for your support and Good luck!!