MFP knows I've been unmotivated and is now trying to starve

Options
ChasingHaven
ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
I've been on MFP for a week or so and I'm still struggling with motivation and making this stick. Though despite my horrible efforts, apparently some little things I have accomplished are working- I'm down a pound. That's a start.

I was successful in the past using another calorie logging app, so I've chosen to keep using that again. But I did download the MFP app and run the numbers. They'd like me to have 1662 calories. (The other app is 1300-1550). But since I'm not logging with MFP, nothing is showing up here. And apparently I'm being punished for it....

Today my home page says I've eaten no calories, burned no calories...and they're giving me a grand whopping total of....1200 calories. Lol, are trying to have me play catch up for the last week?
I'm sure it's just a glitch, but I found it humorous just the same. Bad Annie, bread and water for you!

Replies

• xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't understand... Have you had it configure itself for what you need to eat to lose? If so, go by the 1200. That's where I'm at and I don't starve. That could also be why you're not losing; you're going by their 1660 rather than MFP's 1200.

It's the same account on your phone and computer, so it shouldn't change like that from one to the other unless there was a change in the configurations or a mistake was made.

OR, if you've entered exercise in the past, that could be why it gave you a high number. If 1200 is your limit and you want more, exercise.
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a week or so and I'm still struggling with motivation and making this stick. Though despite my horrible efforts, apparently some little things I have accomplished are working- I'm down a pound. That's a start.

I was successful in the past using another calorie logging app, so I've chosen to keep using that again. But I did download the MFP app and run the numbers. They'd like me to have 1662 calories. (The other app is 1300-1550). But since I'm not logging with MFP, nothing is showing up here. And apparently I'm being punished for it....

Today my home page says I've eaten no calories, burned no calories...and they're giving me a grand whopping total of....1200 calories. Lol, are trying to have me play catch up for the last week?
    I'm sure it's just a glitch, but I found it humorous just the same. Bad Annie, bread and water for you!

I think .. and I repeat I 'think' it might have to do with not inputtng any information. I haven't been using my Food and Exercise diary either. With an 'empty' data base .. I'm allowed 1200 / day (which is suggested for my profile information). When I WAS doing it .. a while back .. my calories adjusted with my input of exercise... so I'm thinking it's all relative to what you put into it.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You probably have 1200 calories due to your exercise level and what you have set as your projected weight loss goal.

Mine's set for 2 pounds a week, so I get 1200 calories a day. You get more calories if you exercise, so it balances out.

Don't worry, MFP doesn't want to starve you, but check your goal settings if you want to change your "allowable" calories.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Simpler: Go to My Home, then Goals, then Change Goals.

It will recalculate your goals and give you a new (or maybe the same, who knows) calorie limit.

If you want it to go up either switch from 2lb/week to 1lb/week or exercise.
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did set all my goals and input all my numbers. My calorie allowance was 1662 and has always read 1662 on my home page. Until today- It's reading 1200. Just thought it was odd that it would reset itself on it's own to 1200. perhaps it is because there's been no input.

I thought 1662 was too high regardless. I like that the other app gives me some leeway (1300-1550 ), you can zig zag and still reach your goals. The reason why I've only lost a pound? I haven't stuck to truly putting in the effort. I consider myself lucky to be that pound down on what little baby steps I've done.

So I'm trying MFP for a different atmosphere, fresh motivation. I'm starting a Challenge tomorrow and hoping it will give me the 'oomph' I need!

Annie