Spin Bike Advice

Options
I just bought a spin bike and I'm super excited! I know that I probably won't be able to spin for long periods of time at first but I am willing and ready to work my way up gradually. Does anyone have any advice on best spin practices?

Replies

• Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    When I first started I just went with the pace of the instructor..I tried to keep up but knew I wouldn't be able to...now its 3 years later and can hang with anyone. I would just go all out. I do a lot of cycling also. i am getting a spin bike soon too..we can be riding buds..lol
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    it's really hard to get comfortable on it without help, try to look on youtube for help setting it up to fit you, and maybe even invest in a squishy seat ;) my *kitten* was sore for weeks after my first ride on my new bike! I had to get a *ahem* wider gel seat :noway:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    If you are new to spinning, see if there are some videos on You Tube that show you how to correctly set up your bike to fit you so you don't hurt yourself. Get yourself some great music and go for it! I spin so much that every song I hear I think "oh, this would be a great climbing song" or whatever fits. Also make certain you have a towel and a water bottle-you'll need it.

LOL-the previous poster and I were typing about You tube at the same time!
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I started spinning, I used a heart rate monitor. It is really easy to overdo it at first while spinning. Using a heart rate monitor and keeping your heart rate down will help you go longer.