Pop is the devil

Options
2»

Replies

• lthomas42
    lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You may be addicted to the caffeine in the cola. Maybe drink a cup of tea or coffee once or twice a day, and then water water water. Will power and after about 3 weeks you should be a-ok
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    lollipops of any kinda are actually a great alternative because quite often when you are craving pop you actually are just craving sugar so if you can id cut down to a lollipop and drinking heaps of water.. diet coke is actually really bad for you, the reason you can drink it without putting on weight is that your body literally doesn't no how to process the sugars that are in diet drinks and so stores them and tries to break them down via alternative pathways, which lets just say aren't good!!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can't know for sure but my guess would be that you are addicted to the sugar. It is one thing that pop is jammed full of. Consider a teaspoon of sugar. It is around 4 grams (4g). Look at the amount of grams of sugar in your pop on the label. If it says 24g of sugar, that is equivalent to 6 teaspoons of it!

If you haven't, reading up on the glycemic index and eating based on it may help you figure out how to withdrawal from the sugar-need and be able to drink water without disliking the taste of it (for its lack of sugar content).

I have never lost weight as easily as I did by just addressing blood sugar levels.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You may be addicted to the caffeine in the cola. Maybe drink a cup of tea or coffee once or twice a day, and then water water water. Will power and after about 3 weeks you should be a-ok

OOo forgot to mention that, I find hot tea very helpful. Black tea, no sugar, no milk.
  • harold_IV
    harold_IV Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes you should quit!! Keep in mind that caffenine is still a drug even though its legal. The only reason I'm saying this is because you will go through a detox for a week. Its probably why you get grouchy. When I go through a caffenine detox I get a headache. Its a very mild detox of course, but it can still be a challenge