WTH!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I don't eat 2000 a day. I eat 1500.
    After years of starving and binging and through LOTS of education....
    I have learned that loss of appetite is one of the signs of a slowing metabolism.
    I used to eat 700 calories and not be hungry....i'd work out 2 hours a day on that too....
    I wasn't skinny by any means, but I was not eating enough for my body to function correctly.

Now, I eat what I am supposed to.
    Since my food choices aren't strictly "health" foods I fill my calories without feeling stuffed too early in the day. Now and then I do have my days where I eat to heavy and don't have a ton of night calories, but I manage.
    :happy: Glad you shared what you did about 'loss of appetite' could mean slowing down of metabolism...I'd definitley never thought of it that way before! Makes me think now..

FC:heart:

It was weird I learned it in my health education courses.
    It makes sense cause you're body will slow if not eating enough to conserve.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I DON"T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU GUYS CONSUME 2,000 CALORIES A DAY! I barely get in 1200. I am very conscientous about what I eat and I can't even imagine consuming that many calories a day. What do you eat? I feel like I'm always full and I really don't want to eat when I'm not hungry...do you guys?:noway:

I eat two really big breakfasts....I also work out twice a day and have a standing job and walk all over campus. I also usually run to the gym. Being this active all day, I definitely get hungry.

In a day, I usually eat 2 cups of oatmeal, a couple eggs, a couple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a salad, a couple pieces of fruit, 2-3 cups of soymilk, a cup of pasta with some sort of meat, an ounce of nuts or so, 1/2 cup cottage cheese or yogurt....I don't eat when I'm not hungry. Some days I can only get to 1700. But if this is what I have to do, I'm okay with that!:laugh: