Low calorie soft food ideas for TMJ

Options
Hello all,
I am one of many people who suffer from TMJ. When my jaw is doing well I can eat lots of salads and so on. But when my jaw is flared up it's soft foods for me (sugar free jello, sf pudding, cottage cheese etc.) .:huh: Would anyone care to share your favorite soft food ideas with me?

Replies

• spiritdncr
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am one of many people who suffer from TMJ. When my jaw is doing well I can eat lots of salads and so on. But when my jaw is flared up it's soft foods for me (sugar free jello, sf pudding, cottage cheese etc.) .:huh: Would anyone care to share your favorite soft food ideas with me?
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hello-
    I just had oral surgery last week and am on a soft food diet for 14 days. I am 7 days into it and starting to get board.
    I have had pancakes (made with egg whites and skim milk) to make them lower cal. I also have had mashed potatoes, also with skim milk.
    I created a banana milk shake with 1 small banana, 1/4 cup of low fat ice cream, 1/4 cup of fat free sugar free (60 cal) jello. Its about 175 calories.
    I also have been having the slim fast shakes for lunch.
    Hope some of this helps.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    How about soups, or are you sick of them? :flowerforyou:

I have TMJ too, it stinks. :grumble: Do you wear a night guard?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    chilli? soups? how about pastas? They are not completely soft but they aren't hard either. ummmm yogurt, smooties, applesauce...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hummus, yogurt

protein shakes and perfect. add some berries they even have them in the frozen section to make it easier. I make mine with apple juice instead of milk.