• Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    LOVE! Especially the ones stuffed with bleu cheese. :love:

Where can I find those?
  • peggyj49
    peggyj49 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yes ! I love all olives, green , black, stuffed . Yum. Oh yea I'm still fat but on my way to being skinny.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My wife is a healthy weight, she absolutely loves olives.

However whilst I don't mind them, I have to be in the mood for them if you know what I mean.

Fresh kalamata olives with fresh bread and a little olive oil and garlic are pretty awesome
  • stormchaser3
    stormchaser3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Olives are one of the healthiest things you can eat. I consider them a superfood like spinach, wheatgrass, kale

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/07/02/14/olives-how-healthy-are-they-which-olives-are-best.htm
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Ah, okay! I was the only olive lover (OLIVE FANATIC) at a table of olive-haters the other day; I felt like I was crazy (one of them was Italian, and she hates olives! Sacrilege!).

I could write a love song for olives.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Olives are one of the healthiest things you can eat. I consider them a superfood like spinach, wheatgrass, kale

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/07/02/14/olives-how-healthy-are-they-which-olives-are-best.htm

YAY!! I thought olives were a guilty pleasure! This makes me really glad. Even at my unhealthiest eating, I always loved olives.
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    Used to hate olives. Now I am starting to like them and can eat them. Not sure what that means. Am I getting fatter or skinnier!?
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hate olives. If only that was the secret to being skinny. =)
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm underweight and love olives, so I don't think there's a correlation.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i love green oilives
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I looove olives!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think it's an acquired taste. I didn't like olives, until my fiance brought home kalamatas several times - and despite "not liking them", I tried one every time, until I loved them. Now I buy them myself. :)

Maybe skinny people are less likely to keep eating something they don't like. :)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Giant green olives stuffed with garlic. Yum yum. Also, kalamatas.
  • MrsCurtisinTX
    MrsCurtisinTX Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love black olives - except for the Greek olives...they are a bit salty for my taste. I hate green olives, yuck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I'll eat black olives out of the can!!! The WHOLE can!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Italian baby!!

LOVE olives. Could eat them all day every day. Any kind :D

^^this^^

I've recently discovered giant green olives stuffed with garlic or jalapenos in my grocery store... they taste much better than they sound.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I can eat a whole can of them in one sitting! :happy: No correlation. They're missing out!
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I like green olives but not black ones. My parents always joke that I must be adopted or switched at the hospital because everyone in my family loves black/Kalamata olives (Greek and Italian heritage..it's practically mandatory).

It definitely has nothing to do with being skinny or fat; Lots of people swear by a "Mediterranean diet," which incorporates a lot of olives and olive oil, just in smaller overall food portions.
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Love them all and always have....black olives on our fingers during holiday dinners was a tradition with my cousins. :-)
    I have 3 kids and all like black and only one likes green and my husband hates them.
  • Demwitted
    Options
    Love olives, and my skinny hubby hates them. I don't know if that was a correlation.

I had not bought any in a while, and was appalled by how much fat there is in them. They put me over my fat limit a few days ago.

There's a theory about olives on How I Met Your Mother. Olive lovers and olive haters make optimal couples according to the show. :)