Just Dance 3 Sweat points?

Options
Does anyone know how to calculate the sweat points into calories?! i'm really confused at first i thought they were calories but then i thought there was no way i just burned 2000 calories..

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Put on an heart rate monitor and you will be fixed!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Put on an heart rate monitor and you will be fixed!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    5 Sweat points = ~1 calorie, I believe.
    But it depends on how hard you're actually working.

Id suggest getting a HRM.
  • getson2010
    getson2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just danced to Just Dance 3 (Kinect) and it said that I got 1000 sweat points. If that calculation is right, then it means that I had burned 200 calories. I don't think that that is correct because I felt like I was working more on Active 2(Kinect), and I had only burned about 176 on it. I think that if you're able to do the dances, just like the dancers, maybe so. I'm not though. I just kind of swing my arms around, move, and hope that I eventually get it. I'm glad that noone is here... a 260 pound woman with two left feet trying to dance. LOL That's got to look funny. I like it though. A lot more fun than Active 2. Ugh... the bugs in Active 2, don't recommend it.
  • StephanieeAmberr
    Options
    i've heard its between 4.2 and 10 sweat points per calorie?? i've added it as a cardiovascular excercize...i calculated that 3000 points is just over 600 calories but as nobody is going tobe doing at the standard of the dancers etc i've lowered this to 650 (tbh i still think this is over :p) anyway hope that helpsssss
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I don't know how it's done either, but before I bought my HRM, I used the site caloriesperhour.com to help calculate things like that. I used dancing, general. When I got my HRM, I compared the two numbers after a 45min session and found that my HRM was slightly higher than the website. I know not everyone wants or is able to get a HRM, but if you can, it's a great investment. :) Happy Dancing!
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    bump
  • angie55320
    Options
    I play active 2 on the playstation 3 and I love it!! Doesn't seem to be any bugs on that!! I heard that 4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie . This is what i read on the internet! So who knows if it is true but sounds about right
  • BirchBayLady
    BirchBayLady Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've also read that 4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie. But it doesn't seem right to me because I usually do around 2700+ sweat points in an hour and I don't feel like I've worked all that hard. I just use "dancing - general", and it comes to around 300 to 350 points for an hour. I know one thing - this feels a lot more like fun and a lot less like exercising...I just hope it works! I'm on my second week of 5 days per week and I'm loving it so far!
  • amaryllisholloway
    Options
    I have been using the dancing games (Just Dance 3 and Dance Central 2) with Xbox w/Kinect since beginning of Dec and have been able to exercise more consistently.
    I agree with everyone else that uses another program to estimate calories burned.
  • trisha_haro
    Options
    bump
  • ccbjmahaney
    Options
    so i just burned 3182 sweat points in 45 minutes can someone do the math and tell me how many calories that is please
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I play active 2 on the playstation 3 and I love it!! Doesn't seem to be any bugs on that!! I heard that 4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie . This is what i read on the internet! So who knows if it is true but sounds about right

This is what I found when I googled too, but I am waiting on a HRM and am going to see how much I burn then. I do be sweatin my butt off doing anywhere from 30-60 minutes of dancing! And I burn anywhere from 1000-2000ish sweat points
  • mgero212
    Options
    I think the only way to get the correct results is by wearing a HRM thats what I do when I am using Just Dance 3 as my workout for the day. I workout for about 80 minutes and work hard the entire time and burn usually around 700- 800 calories but its only when I do certain songs. Not all of them will get your heart rate in the fat burning zone.
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    so i just burned 3182 sweat points in 45 minutes can someone do the math and tell me how many calories that is please

3182 divided by 4.2 is 757 calories. I would just enter 45 minutes of general dancing and see what MFP says for calorie burn. At least MFP takes in consideration your weight when calculating how hard you worked. Otherwise I would invest in a heart rate monitor or fitness tracker like fitbit or body bug. They really are worth the money.
  • kristal_1973
    kristal_1973 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

The math comes out to 757 calories...but that does seem too high....
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    For the dance games I would think you could enter into your diary as dancing then select the level of dancing by type (ballroom, modern, ballet etc) and the amount of time you worked out. Don't forget to account for time between songs AND your level of movement if you are really shaking your groove thing and working it out you can probably enter it as modern dancing/twist if not you might want to enter it as something a little milder.

Its not the most accurate way of determining the calories burned but its a start until you can invest in a HRM.

Good luck.
  • desertman2011
    Options
    so i just burned 7562 sweat points in just dance 3 how many calories is that im lost?
  • christina_1011
    christina_1011 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i burned 2300 sweat points doing just dance 2 ...if 1 calorie is 4.2 sweat points it means i burned 460 ??? in half an hour ??? doesnt seem believable ...i put it in as 30 minutes aerobic dancing for 225 calories burned