What time do you exercise???

Options
So I used to work 3-11 and so I would wake up around 9am everyday and then workout after I woke up and then I'd head to work. And I really loved that. I had lots of energy and it gave me a good start to my day.

But about a two weeks ago I started a new position that is salary so there isnt specific hours but its days, monday through friday and I just can't seem to get into a workout schedule that I love again :( By the time I get home I'm super tired and just don't feel the motivation to workout and its having a negative impact on my diet as well!!!

I can't keep going like this, I need advice!! What do you guys do???

Replies

• Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi, I work on a farm and our days start .... early. So I am up at 4:00am Monday - Friday to get my weights and runs in.
    If it is important to you, you will find a time.
    Good luck.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    I work varying schedules so I have had to get my mind set that I WILL work out no matter what time and sometimes as I am dragging my butt home late at night the last thing I want to do is workout...all I want is a shower and jammies... but you just have to make yourself do it....BIG SECRET...shhhhhh I ALWAYS feel better afterwards...
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I only have time around 8:30 pm and I'm super tired, but still find the strengh to do it, I feel a boost of energy after I warm up. The good part is that after my workout, I shower and then go straight to bed, and have the best sleep ever.
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I workout at 6 AM. If I don't get my workout in before work and going about my day, I WILL NOT do it in the evening. I will make all kind of excuses for myself and blame it on my exhaustion from the day. It's hard at first getting up that early, but your body adjusts!

Plus, I love that my morning workouts give my metabolism a boost and kick start my day with loads of energy and adrenaline!!!
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i used to be able to work out in the mornings too and loved it! then i switched jobs and wasn't able to work out in the mornings anymore. honestly, it was a struggle to adjust to the new schedule and being up earlier and working out later. i would say set a mini goal for yourself... like i just want to make it through this new schedule for 1 week and see how i do. then when the weekend comes you can look back on your week and make adjustments for the new week. you can get through anything for just a couple of days... even a crazy schedule! it may just take some time to adjust to the new routine, but you (and your body) will get used to it! don't give up! it's about a lifestyle change, not a quick fix!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    With my work, I have 3 hours commute a day, on top of 10 hour work days. For me, I have to get my workouts in before I go. It's rougher if I do it when I get home 10:30 at night..but once I get started, I get it done and I'm glad I did. I never regret having done a workout, but I do regret skipping them. What helps me is simply getting started. Once I get into some sort of pattern, it motivates me to find a way to get it done, whether its morning or night. Don't let yourself find excuses to stop. Find ways to make it happen and your success will motivate you to continue. Rock on!
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys! :) I guess I'm just gonna have to keep trying to figure out what will work for this schedule. I'd love to get my workout done early before I have to go to work, but i'd have to be up around 330am everyday to do that! i'm not that much of a morning person!!!
  • erickhoffman
    erickhoffman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You might try a Pre-Workout drink to help give you that extra motivation and energy for a good workout. I know it helps me on days when I don't feel like working out.
  • rjmlb86
    Options
    I tried 10-11am at the start of this year and PUT ON 10lbs…not muscle either :(

The reason being that after the gym I was just starving all day and ate everything in sight.

Since this diet started (Oct 1st) i've been going at 8pm, the time i used to go as a teenager. Losing weight and gaining muscle. Win !! Reason is, by time I get home (9.20ish), shower, have a cup of tea (hey, i'm british), it's bed time! No time for snacks.
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You might try a Pre-Workout drink to help give you that extra motivation and energy for a good workout. I know it helps me on days when I don't feel like working out.

what kind or pre-workout drink do you use??

@rjmlb: You don't have to be british to enjoy a good cup of tea :)
  • erickhoffman
    erickhoffman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is what I use. I don't use it all the time but it does help get you motivated and give you energy to complete a good workout.

http://bit.ly/yNtn30