Getting Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
The last 3 weeks I feel like I have been working my butt off and watching my calories like a hawk. I have hardly lost any weight it seems. Of course Im toning up but Im used to fast results from past experiences with weight loss. At least 1-3 pounds a week. Usually more at first and then it tapers off to 1 pound a week. I have only lost about 1 or 2 pounds. Any advice?

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    Options
    It'd be easier if we could see your diary. :)

#1: how many calories are you eating?
    #2: how much do you weigh/plan to lose?
    #3: how many calories are you burning and how are you getting your number?
    #4: are you eating back exercise calories?
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    by the way-I see you and I are about the same age... I was used to losing it much faster too, and when I got to the nitty gritty of it, I realized that the last time I was hardcore losing weight, I was under 30. A lot has changed since hitting my mid-30's!!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Don't be frustrated. 1 or 2 pounds is a reasonable amount. It would be great if we all could lose weight in big chunks. But reality is 1 or 2 pounds in 3 weeks is reasonable and I would be thrilled with a loss of a pound a week!
  • Flanski
    Options
    have you been tracking measurements? You could be loosing inches and weight but putting on muscle as you're working out. Which weighs more then fat does.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ok, I opened my diary for all to see:)
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    It doesn't look like you are eating enough. You should really try to eat at least 1200 calories a day
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water - everyday???
  • traceracer
    Options
    It doesn't look like you are eating enough. You should really try to eat at least 1200 calories a day
    I usually always eat at least 1200 calories.
  • traceracer
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water - everyday???
    I think so but maybe I need more?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,029 Member
    Options
    Honestly, your food diary looks better than 80% of the food diaries I've seen here.

You're eating veggies, not a ton of sugar (though I'd cut down on the sweets)....but I think you may want to reevaluate your goals.

You don't appear to have a lot of weight to lose. You cannot set goals to "lose 2 pounds a week" and "sedentary" and expect that to be a one-size-fits-all.

Set your goal to lose 1/2 pound a week, eat most of your exercise calories, and set your activity level to very close to your actual activity level.

Lastly, three weeks is a very short amount of time. You may be at a good weight already and maybe you're trying for vanity pounds? I don't know, not enough info. But if you have less than 25 pounds to lose, it is going to be faily slow to come off.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Your diary looks pretty good to me... except the sodium being through the roof on most days. Sodium is a killer-it'll make you retain water weight. I agree with taking measurements and watching that. I get measured monthly, and my months with lowest pounds lost are usually my bigger inches lost months...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,174 Member
    Options
    Overall the diary looks good. Things like Chinese Buffet are sort of hard to measure, but that is not a regular thing, it just stood out to me.

If you are at a healthy BMI or close to it your goal loss per week should not really be over .5 pounds.

Have you been taking measurements. I would suggest you do so since it is another measure, and I have seen a bunch of people who have lost inches while not losing any weight, sometimes for long periods of time.

Second, have you changed your exercise routine recently. A big change in either the type or intensity of exercise may cause this sort of thing for several weeks.

What sort of exercises are you doing? Do you do any strength training at all or just cardio?
  • traceracer
    Options
    I actually set my goal lower than I should. Im 5'4" and 175pnds which according to the charts is obese. I hold alot of weight in my mid section. Mostly all of it. I havent been measuring. Im going to start though. I know I need to cut back on my sodium. That is the hardest struggle to eat healthy.
  • traceracer
    Options
    Overall the diary looks good. Things like Chinese Buffet are sort of hard to measure, but that is not a regular thing, it just stood out to me.

If you are at a healthy BMI or close to it your goal loss per week should not really be over .5 pounds.

Have you been taking measurements. I would suggest you do so since it is another measure, and I have seen a bunch of people who have lost inches while not losing any weight, sometimes for long periods of time.

Second, have you changed your exercise routine recently. A big change in either the type or intensity of exercise may cause this sort of thing for several weeks.

What sort of exercises are you doing? Do you do any strength training at all or just cardio?
    I know!! That dang chinese buffet!! I tried to work extra hard that day to burn it off. I run/ walk on the treadmill for a half an hour, then spinning for a half an hour, then strength training for 15-20 min.
  • traceracer
    Options
    Honestly, your food diary looks better than 80% of the food diaries I've seen here.

You're eating veggies, not a ton of sugar (though I'd cut down on the sweets)....but I think you may want to reevaluate your goals.

You don't appear to have a lot of weight to lose. You cannot set goals to "lose 2 pounds a week" and "sedentary" and expect that to be a one-size-fits-all.

Set your goal to lose 1/2 pound a week, eat most of your exercise calories, and set your activity level to very close to your actual activity level.

Lastly, three weeks is a very short amount of time. You may be at a good weight already and maybe you're trying for vanity pounds? I don't know, not enough info. But if you have less than 25 pounds to lose, it is going to be faily slow to come off.
    I am 5'4" and about 175pnds which according to the charts is considered obese.