Want to make your walks more interesting?

Options
2»

Replies

• mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    in cardio kick boxing that get us to do cross over with are feet while literaly skipping down the lengh of the gym floor. that hard not to trip. so walking side ways would be easy. but i wouldn't do this outside by myself. the police might think i had enough to drink. and i have been sober for two years one month and a few days.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    How fun would it be to organize a flash mob of people jogging sideways?
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I've got this vision of runners converging on a spot then suddenly breaking into a line dance.

I do walk sideways, skip, gallop, and on a rare occasion, bunny-hop. Yes it looks odd and you feel silly but it does really get the heart pumping! There are at least two others in town that do it too-I've seen them walking/jogging then break to do a silly-walk for a few blocks.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've tripped on our fast pace walks, If I walked at a 4 miles an hour high speed walk side ways I'd probably bust my head open LOL. I can see my walking buddy though, she'd think I done lost my mind or worse, think I'm drunk :P I walk drunk enough.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Hmmm...when's the next LA Marathon???