Your very own personal spa

Options
I try to treat myself to something like this (though usually to a lesser extent) whenever I feel like it's getting harder to stay on track. Once I do something like this for myself I find it sooo hard not to stick to my healthy lifestyle, cause I feel like I didn't deserve the spa treat.

It's cheap but still very effective. If you're feeling run down this may just be the thing for you! Now, for those of us who do not live alone (especially those who have little kids to care for) it will be a bit of challenge to find the time, but when you can, it's worth it. :flowerforyou:

Simple Spa Night:

Start out with turning on some relaxing music and do an easy yoga practice. Nothing strenuous, just gentle poses to help relieve any tension. Do this for as long as you want.

After the yoga, try giving yourself a massage. Use oil, or lotion if you don't have any, and move vertically on the bones and circularly on the joints. Start at the feet and go all the way up to your neck and shoulders. See if you can get your spouse or a friend to massage your back for you, if not, then just do your best.

Give yourself a facial. You can get a very effective, and inexpensive, facial from just normal household ingredients. My favorite is a bit of honey, lemon juice, and oatmeal. Mix together, apply to face and let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse. Use google for more recipes. For a great exfolient get some baking soda and a little salt, rub gently into skin in a circular motion, then rinse.

To end the night, open a bottle of wine, or if you can't/don't drink maybe treat yourself to a some pomegranate juice or even just your favorite vitamin water. Run a hot bath and add some bath salts or bubble bath (which can be found for pretty cheap at the dollar store). Spend extra time just letting yourself soak. When you wash your hair don't just wash and rinse but take time to massage your scalp, and use a pomace stone on your feet. Don't you dare leave till your finger tips have pruned! :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I try to treat myself to something like this (though usually to a lesser extent) whenever I feel like it's getting harder to stay on track. Once I do something like this for myself I find it sooo hard not to stick to my healthy lifestyle, cause I feel like I didn't deserve the spa treat.

It's cheap but still very effective. If you're feeling run down this may just be the thing for you! Now, for those of us who do not live alone (especially those who have little kids to care for) it will be a bit of challenge to find the time, but when you can, it's worth it. :flowerforyou:

Simple Spa Night:

Start out with turning on some relaxing music and do an easy yoga practice. Nothing strenuous, just gentle poses to help relieve any tension. Do this for as long as you want.

After the yoga, try giving yourself a massage. Use oil, or lotion if you don't have any, and move vertically on the bones and circularly on the joints. Start at the feet and go all the way up to your neck and shoulders. See if you can get your spouse or a friend to massage your back for you, if not, then just do your best.

Give yourself a facial. You can get a very effective, and inexpensive, facial from just normal household ingredients. My favorite is a bit of honey, lemon juice, and oatmeal. Mix together, apply to face and let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse. Use google for more recipes. For a great exfolient get some baking soda and a little salt, rub gently into skin in a circular motion, then rinse.

To end the night, open a bottle of wine, or if you can't/don't drink maybe treat yourself to a some pomegranate juice or even just your favorite vitamin water. Run a hot bath and add some bath salts or bubble bath (which can be found for pretty cheap at the dollar store). Spend extra time just letting yourself soak. When you wash your hair don't just wash and rinse but take time to massage your scalp, and use a pomace stone on your feet. Don't you dare leave till your finger tips have pruned! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks for that! I'm alone this vday (he's out ice fishing grrrr) and wanted to have a ME day today! This might be just the ticket! Off to google right now!
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Great idea.

I do a variation of it myself at times.

I turn off all the phones. Candlelight. Meditate. Run a bath. And just sit and breathe. Write in my journal as quiet reflection and contemplation. Then, go to bed early.