"Healthy" Snacks for sweet tooth

Options
What are some "healthier" snacks for a sweet tooth that you have found? I am not much of a sweets person, I tend to snack on carbs (mostly crackers and cereal), but when I do crave sweets, I find myself grabbing chocolate and any other thing within my reach until that craving is satisfied.

Replies

• snowfox92
    snowfox92 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I grab 100 calorie snacks.
  • MeghanAThompson
    MeghanAThompson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Healthy Choice Fudge Bars, 100 cal and pretty tasty!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate :)
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Whonu Cookies!!!!! LOVE THEM! Their Oreo's are Chocolatey, and look at these stats!!!

http://www.whonucookies.com/Chocolate.aspx
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    fat free chocolate pudding, or chocolate almond milk blended with chocolate frozen yogurt for a shake....
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like skinny cow truffle ice cream bars. 100 calories and very good. But more often, I have a 60 cal sugar free dark chocolate pudding cup. Yum.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I make a sweet protein shake like a scoop of vanilla protein, half cup of milk, and a cup of blueberries in the blender with a dash of cinnamon (or if you love cinnamon like I do, a lot of it). They're really good. I make them more hearty with half an avocado added in too. Makes it creamy beyond belief too. :)

sometimes I'll just have a sweet potato with one tsp of brown sugar, 1 TBSP light margarine (I prefer Smart Balance), and some cinnamon.

http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/03/i-cant-believe-its-not-a-milkshake/
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    smart one/skinny cow/weight watcher sundaes and cones
    apple or banana with chocolate pb2, peanut butter pb2, or natural pb
    dark chocolate hershey bar with or without almonds
    dark chocolate almonds
    fiber one chocolate or peanut butter bar

:)

also check out skinnytaste.com or hungry girl for ideas!
  • nikkijay25
    nikkijay25 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    pringles wheat stix, the honey butter flavored ones. Only 90 calories and Delicious.
  • KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Smoothies!

Frozen bananas and strawberries, Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt, Skim Milk

Throw it all in the blender, tastes like a milkshake...
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Reisin candies. They are super chewy and take forever to eat, and are only 40 calories.
  • Kateylynn23
    Options
    I have a definite sweet tooth especially chocolate...I like skinny cow ice cream of any kind
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Dove promises dark chocolate... honey & greek yogurt... peanut butter , dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts....I better run to the store!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    100 calorie fiber plus bars, chocolate thins, or the fiber one brownies work for me.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Milk Chocolate Dreamy Clusters and Slim Fast Dark Chocolate bar. Yum!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I do a mix of dried fruits and peanuts then divide into half cup servings which one serving has 221 calories so you can't eat a lot of it. However, it has me completely off the cake, cookies and so forth. I use pineapple, cranberries, raisins, banana chips and roasted peanuts. If I would drop the banana chips and peanuts it would have a lot less calories but they are so good in the mix!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Apple chips
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alexandra-guarnaschelli/apple-chips-recipe/index.html (maybe cut down on the sugar)

Also, when I want a candy bar power, I get one of Powerbar's peanut butter protein bars. Tastes like Reeses.

Sherbet instead of ice cream.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "Nature Valley" Strawberry it's 90 calories :) I like most of their low-cal snack bars. (Special K Is good too, especially the chocolate drizzle ones, there only 90 calories)

I also eat Quaker Rice Cakes (Caramel Corn) Theres Only 50 Calories & They're Big -- and u can taste the caramel, oh its just soooo-sooo- good :))

I also like yogart (Vanilla, Strawberry) Aslong as it's the non-fat kind, the ones I like have about 80 calories in them :D

Jell-O (Banana Pudding) Only about 80 calories or less =)

I have to have things already packaged because I'm horrible with controlling myself if I have to portion it out myself lol I do good with dinner and stuff, but when it comes to the sweets I would probably go-over board.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow is good with a glass of skim milk
  • Inebriated
    Options
    Dates, figs, raisins. Any sort of dried fruit or Larabars. :)