Favorite Romantic Movie?

Options
I'm having a ME day today since my guy abandoned me for some fishing on a frozen lake. :grumble: I want to watch a movie and would love to watch a girly romantic one (since I never get to watch them with my boys around). I have a bunch of favorites and was wondering if I'd missed any... so in honor of this lovely heart day...

What's your favorite romantic movie? Serious, or comedy, sappy or tragic... doesn't matter.

Replies

• missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm having a ME day today since my guy abandoned me for some fishing on a frozen lake. :grumble: I want to watch a movie and would love to watch a girly romantic one (since I never get to watch them with my boys around). I have a bunch of favorites and was wondering if I'd missed any... so in honor of this lovely heart day...

What's your favorite romantic movie? Serious, or comedy, sappy or tragic... doesn't matter.
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    How to lose a guy in ten days.

PS I love you

My best friends girl. Is a comedy romance. It is VERY VERY adult rated.lol but good!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    My favorites: Ghost, The Notebook, The Princess Bride, Dirty Dancing.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I like 50 First Dates, Ever After, The Wedding Singer, Save the Last Dance, and Serendipity.
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    The Notebook

Dirty Dancing

Romeo & Juiliet (The one directed by Baz Lutheran)

Ghost

P.S. I love you

Knotting Hill
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    missmez,

Your boyfriend abandoned you on Valentine's Day to go sit and freeze on a frozen lake waiting for a fish to bite?? Hmmm, my hugs to you!

Sorry to be straight forward. How are you doing? You ok? How are you feeling? What ever you are feeling, it is valid. Your feelings are validated.

Time to think.

Love yourself no matter what. And by loving yourself that means having someone who loves you back the same way you love them.

You really sure you want to watch a romantic movie today? What about the personal spa day another poster suggested. Maybe, the exact nurturing your soul and especially your heart needs and deserves today.

Thank you for turning to us, your fellow MFP friends for support, love and caring. We are here for you. Today of all days. Love yourself no matter what. :heart:

Some of my fav romantic movies.

50 1st Dates
    Enchanted
    The Lake House
    Ella Enchanted
    Groundhog Day
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Ghost
    Pretty Woman
    The Notebook
    Pretty in Pink
    Dirty Dancing (The Original with Patrick Swayze:wink: )
    An Officer and a Gentleman

And if your man would rather freeze on a frozen lake on valentines day, let him, put that film on, sit with a box of chocolates, glass of wine, and chill, ooooohhhhh almost makes me wish my man would abandon me for the fishing :wink:

I'm in for an evening in front of the TV cuddling up with my man,but oh boy those chocies are like soooooo tempting - already had that glass of wine with my lunch today :laugh:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The Notebook

You've Got Mail

My Best Friend's Wedding

Forces of Nature

City of Angels (I cry every time, though)

Forrest Gump (favorite movie of all time - fits into many genres)

Have a good day!!

My husband's working all day and is playing a concert tonight - which I'm going to, with my parents. Make next weekend your Valentine's Day. You won't have to worry about reservations as much!:heart:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Under the Tuscan Sun. Its so good because it is romantic, but its more than that. Its message about getting comfortable with yourself first and most importantly really rings true with me.

I think I'll watch it tonite too...maybe splurge and have a half a glass of wine! :blushing:

Have fun!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I like 13 going on 30, Sleepless in Seattle, You've got Mail, 16 Candles, Benny & Joon and one I for some reason am not sure of the name (some kind of wonderful?? with Eric Stoltz and Mary Stewart masterson) :drinker:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm doing better today than I was before he left. He had this trip planned since December and all we knew was it was on the long weekend (there's a new holiday here on Monday just to give us a long weekend between xmas and easter - so great!). He didn't realize until later that the long weekend landed on Vday. I was pretty upset because it is our first vday and I've never really had a really good one in my life so I was hopeful this year... only to be supremely disappointed.

But I'm having a me day! I started by sleepin in til 10 (still not dressed and who cares anyway?). Made myself a big egg and toast breakfast (no hashbrowns or bacon though - that would have been awesome but regretful). Ate my big breakfast in bed ON HIS SIDE with my toast crumbs and all! LOL :laugh: (but to be honest I will be washing my sheets today anyway so he'll never know. The revenge is fleeting and for me only - which is how it should be anyway). I think I will walk to the bank and the store. I'll make something yummy for supper that my boys would NEVER eat if they were here. And I have lots of things to do for me. The movie thing is right up there, if I decide on one. I have "A Good Earth" that I need to crack open and start reading plus I've downloaded the podcasts of Oprah discussing the book chapter by chapter with Eckardt Tolle so I can really study the book - definitely on my list of to-dos in the near future. I have cards and letters I can write to my friends and family who I left behind 8 months ago to be with this "great guy" I love so much (I'm not that bitter really, just being extra sarcastic cuz it makes me feel better). And I love to cross stitch and have a new one on the go which I've neglected for a couple of weeks.

I enjoy the company of me. It's not a terrible day really. I just hope he makes up for it next week. I deserve some romance and pampering!!!

Thanks for the love. :flowerforyou:
  • sjane512
    Options
    I love "The Holiday", its not only a romantic movie, but has some great messages about taking control of your life, being comfortable with yourself, and learning to love again.

Some other goodies:
    "Ever After"- hey its Cinderella with a more empowered heroine, whats not to like.
    "Lake House"
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Well I absolutely love "me" days, and my dh makes my other days very good so if he wasn't around and gave me a "me" day on valentines, it would be as good as roses and chocolates (but I have children and he would have to take them too). Enjoy, as he will feel guilt and when he makes it up to you, it will be twice as good.:wink:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't get so much as a card and my husband is going w/his friend to watch him get a tattoo!!!

My favorites are

Officer and A Genttleman
    The Notebook
    Dirty Dancing
    P.S. I love you

and many many more

Sad Memaw
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Titanic is a tragic romance, but still my all time fav...The Holiday, ps i love you,te notebook....and have you ever seen Bicentennial Man??? it has Robin Williams in it, i cry every time i watch it and i've seen it at least 10 times...Happy Valentines Day!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    sleepless in seattle

you've got mail

wow. missmez what a weekend. I love when you said you were eating toast & getting crumbs on his side of the bed. You go girl!!! I'm getting ready to watch Echart Tolle's webcasts on Oprah too along with reading his book. If you want to swap ideas about the book and podcasts feel free to add me as a friend.
  • redlion54
    Options
    My favorite movies include:
    Ever After
    The Notebook
    Ella Enchanted
    Pretty Woman

I hope you enjoy your day to do all things girly. I am sure you would rather have him home, but just make the best of it. You can always celebrate when your guy gets back. Love can be celebrated any day of the year.

My hubby and I generally celebrate on the first weekend of February instead of waiting until the 14th. That way we can easily get a sitter and won't have to wait to get a table at our favorite restaurant. This year he is traveling for work, so I can't really celebrate today anyway. I made a special breakfast for the kids (heart shaped pancakes with fresh strawberries and sprinkles) and will probably watch a movie tonight.

I don't get much girly time to do my stuff, so I am actually glad to have a little bit. Enjoy it while you can. I am sure he will make it up to you when he gets back and you can celebrate then.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't get so much as a card and my husband is going w/his friend to watch him get a tattoo!!!

My favorites are

Officer and A Genttleman
    The Notebook
    Dirty Dancing
    P.S. I love you

and many many more

Sad Memaw
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Under the tuscan sun. She is heartbroken and she picks herself up.LOVE this movie. When I am down I see this movie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Braveheart
    When Harry Met Sally
    While you were Sleeping
    Always
    The Lake House

Enjoy your day! :flowerforyou: