What do you do to keep yourself going while exercising?

Options
2»

Replies

• wyldweazel
    wyldweazel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do two things. Every workout I listen to my Ipod and I have some very fast, pump up music on there, just for cardio. I look especially for songs that I...

1.) Love.
    2.) are fast tempo
    3.) that I find myself unconsciously singing to them.

So.. my music list can go from Big and Rich "Jalepeno" to AC/DC "Back in Black" to Bare Naked Ladies "If I had $100,000 to even Pink "get this party started." I make sure it changes up. If it isn't charging me.... I hit "next."

My other trick is... I "juice". (My term... not literal.) I do this about twice a month when I am at a low energy spot. Especially if work has been exceptionally tough... and I just am not feeling it. I mix a half of a "Zero Powerade" with an "Monster Absolute Zero." I will start drinking this before I get to the gym. I have found that I can run, stair climb and even mountain bike, right past the limiting walls that are stuck in my mind. I get done and I will know I had a complete workout. Especially the next day. ;)

Now... I would warn anyone who hasn't tried an energy drink before, don't mix them with working out the first time. My wife has allergic reactions to them... and that could be very dangerous while on a treadmill... etc.

I would also point out that Energy drinks are not standard part of my dietary plan, but one can not deny the benefits at times.

Keep on fighting the good fight.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My "exercising" is stuff that I really love doing, so even if I am tired I am usually still having fun. Plus a lot of the time even if I"m tired, I have to keep going in order to get back to where I started from haha.

^ this! Once you kayak/hike/run half way, you really don't have a lot of options. :)
  • hayskylar
    Options
    Look at a skinny celebrity on my phone to motivate me, listen to high paced music, daydream, watch television. Sometimes they have Oprah, Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, and Ellen all going at the same time. It's hard to pick which one to watch, lol.

Sometimes if I get really bored, I do multiple small intervals of my work-outs, that way it changes up more quickly so I don't have as much time to get bored. :D
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I personally turn up my i pod and look for a hard rocking song it works every time.