Please... Please Help.

Options
I need Support & motivation really bad.

This is the second week that I have not only not lost but gained just a little. Because of last time I tried to change & switch things up....

I bought a new Wii Game My Fitness Coach
Using it I've found that it is more intense than my Wii Fit routine
I worked out two more times this week than I usually have
I've switched what I eat for breakfast from ususal egg whites and turkey bacon to oat meal some days and yogurt others.
I have made a little effort on making my snacks more "clean" from 100 pack m&ms to a snack bag of honey nut cheerios or Eating Right carrots w/ ff ranch
I've tried eating more of my exercise calories and other calories not adding to my deficit (like I had been)
I even tried going over a litle to "shock" my system.

I'm at a loss here... and more upset about it than I care to admit. (don't want to seem ungrateful for what I have lost but I would at least like to hit the "attainable & higher than I thought the lowest I could go goal":brokenheart:

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I need Support & motivation really bad.

This is the second week that I have not only not lost but gained just a little. Because of last time I tried to change & switch things up....

I bought a new Wii Game My Fitness Coach
    Using it I've found that it is more intense than my Wii Fit routine
    I worked out two more times this week than I usually have
    I've switched what I eat for breakfast from ususal egg whites and turkey bacon to oat meal some days and yogurt others.
    I have made a little effort on making my snacks more "clean" from 100 pack m&ms to a snack bag of honey nut cheerios or Eating Right carrots w/ ff ranch
    I've tried eating more of my exercise calories and other calories not adding to my deficit (like I had been)
    I even tried going over a litle to "shock" my system.

I'm at a loss here... and more upset about it than I care to admit. (don't want to seem ungrateful for what I have lost but I would at least like to hit the "attainable & higher than I thought the lowest I could go goal":brokenheart:
  • tysyry
    tysyry Posts: 30
    Options
    Have you tried measuring yourself? It's very possible you are losing inches but not pounds. Don't get discouraged!! Just stay with the program and keep going. Quit weighing yourself for a couple of weeks. Have you had any extra salt? Are you drinking your water? Don't give up!!!
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Hey dont lose hope!! Your body is just doing what its supposed to do...protecting you in times of starvation etc. We have a really strong survival instinct built into us.

I listened to Jillian Michaeals older shows this week, and this was one of the topics. She said its normal for your body to tap the breaks once in a while and react like this. She said when your body suddenly stops getting as many calories as its used to, it can stop weight loss.

I know it sounds weird and counter productive, but she suggested that you temporarily increase your calorie intake by about 10%...just to 'reassure' your body that everythings ok and theres not a famine going on that it needs to protect you from.

I dont know if this works or not, but she's really intelligent on fitness stuff so I thought I'd pass it along.

hang in there!
  • johnblake
    Options
    hang in there
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Have you tried measuring yourself? It's very possible you are losing inches but not pounds. Don't get discouraged!! Just stay with the program and keep going. Quit weighing yourself for a couple of weeks. Have you had any extra salt? Are you drinking your water? Don't give up!!!

Seconded. . .and bear in mind the tragic idea that the last little bit of weight takes forever to lose. It just does. It sucks.

You may even want to stop thinking in terms of a "scale number" goal. Do you have the means to have your body fat percentage checked? When I was in your position, I did this and discovered I had more muscle mass than I thought, and my "magic scale number" would actually make me underweight clinically. So, now I don't even think (much) about the number on the scale. . .but concentrate on the idea of losing body fat %. . .which might not mean losing actual pounds.

I totally agree with the "give the scale a break" or "break your scale" line of thinking. It's a valuable tool, but it can ruin your motivation, IMHO.

Be patient with yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I've been in pretty much the same boat since mid December.
    I'd LOVE to lose a little more weight, but, it doesn't seem to be happening. I'll gain a few, lose it, find it again, lose it again, etc.
    I've read plenty of posts that say that the last 10 pounds or so are VERY hard to lose, so I'm not getting myself all worked out about it. If I DO lose, I'll be thrilled, but, I'm also pretty darned thrilled with where I'm at now, so it won't be the end of the world if I CAN'T take any more off.
    I'm wondering if my body is telling me that it likes where it's at! I guess time will tell.
    Try not to let it get to you too much, since you've already done so well with your losing. :smile:
  • rocknrollchic311
    Options
    I know how you feel.... We've been doing Biggest Loser at work. The first week I lost, but I have been gaining back ever since. It's incredibly frustrating when everyone around you is losing too...

But don't give up!! There is a plateau that our bodies hit, and yours must be now as is mine.

Success is just around the corner!! :smile:
  • amunet07
    Options
    Thank you all for your input.

I guess I thought the increased intensity of my workout & the the added workouts would have done the trick... It has really kicked my hiney! I fall right to sleep now and I am soo dry mouthed. That is the only thing I can think of is that I haven't been perfect on my water this week. Some days I have drank some but not the full 8+ glasses. Do you think that it would make that big of a difference? (the water thing?) or that the new intense workouts are doing something funky to my body??

Please let me know.
  • amunet07
    Options
    bump... I am still curious about my last question :blushing:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    You listed in your signature of

ultimate goal
    Wii ideal weight
    Ideal weight range

Perhaps, aim for how you feel. Of feeling enegized, revitalized, alive from being fit, endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, and your body measurements rather than 3 different ideal goal's #'s.

If you have 3 different ones, you body would never know which to aim for. Don't postpone your happiness till you get to a certain number. Be happy now. Don't lose weight to be happy. Be happy and eat healthfully and get fit. Wish you the best.
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think getting enough water is super-important. I drink at least 1.5 gallons a day and I definitely notice a difference when I don't get all my water in. I'm not saying anyone else has to drink that much, but be sure to at least get your 8 glasses in!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    so far i've been losing consistently while drinking water, i had some days when i didn't drink enough and my scale went in the wrong direction, so i'm sure water matters, although if you are close to your 8 glasses it may not be the actual reason for your gain...

what is your BMI right now?
  • amunet07
    Options
    so far i've been losing consistently while drinking water, i had some days when i didn't drink enough and my scale went in the wrong direction, so i'm sure water matters, although if you are close to your 8 glasses it may not be the actual reason for your gain...

what is your BMI right now?

my BMI is about 23