Question on The New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
I keep seeing it mentioned here. Currently, I have a trainer who is setting out my diet and exercise plan for my first fitness competition. I plan on continuing with her plans, however, we don't have 1 on 1 sessions. I can ask her questions anytime, I am just wondering if this may provide other information that I may be missing out on or may be valuable now.
Also, I have a coupon for 25% off at Kobo. Is it the kind of book that would be best bought in print or would the e-reader version be fine? (bonus points if you have it on an ereader and can tell me there are no issues).

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    No bonus points for me, but I would NOT recommend getting the e-version. There is a lot of flipping back and forth between the workout charts for each stage and the exercise descriptions/pictures that I imagine would get very frustrating.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No bonus points for me, but I would NOT recommend getting the e-version. There is a lot of flipping back and forth between the workout charts for each stage and the exercise descriptions/pictures that I imagine would get very frustrating.

That's exactly what I was worried about. Thanks.
  • trainerleslie
    trainerleslie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The book is basic strength training information. It can be helpful for basic knowledge of muscles and form. The exercises listed are mostly antiquated and isolated movements, since fitness is truly achieved by a lot of variety--gymnastics, reactive/balance, power, flexibility training, etc will really be key to attaining optimal fitness levels. This could be one tool among many to help you learn more about your amazing machine you get to live in every day!

I only own this book in print. I'd personally recommend the print version.