Waves hello

Options
Falcon
Falcon Posts: 853 Member
My name is Lindsay and I'm over weight, I found out that I have heal surs in the bottom of my heals and in the morning I would just barely crawl to the bathroom. I finally got some help, and he's been treating the symtoms but what I need is surgery to have them removed. So far it seems to be helping me, but it's made it difficult for me to walk everyday.

I'm not in as much pain as I used to be and I used to closer to 200 pounds but in the last couple of years it gone up too much.

I bought the Ten Minute Trainer and you really do break out in a sweat in ten minutes. It's amazing, and it's something I know I can do without over doing it. I still hurt in the morning but not as much as I used to.

Also in the last two years I've changed jobs, I started swinging shifts, this makes it really difficult to get into the swing of things. I feel tired when I wake up, I just want to sleep four hours later and the body eventually gets confused. So its just been really difficult to getting into some kind of routine.

Everytime I do get onto some kind off regular diet I find it hard to stick too, I recently found out that blood sugar can suddenly plummet even after I eat. I start exhibiting symptoms of a hyphoglemic at 4.3. I checked up on the symptoms and most of the symptoms I tend to get are listed. So it's just been a real stuggle for me.

So I've come here looking for support.

Replies

• Falcon
    Options
    My name is Lindsay and I'm over weight, I found out that I have heal surs in the bottom of my heals and in the morning I would just barely crawl to the bathroom. I finally got some help, and he's been treating the symtoms but what I need is surgery to have them removed. So far it seems to be helping me, but it's made it difficult for me to walk everyday.

I'm not in as much pain as I used to be and I used to closer to 200 pounds but in the last couple of years it gone up too much.

I bought the Ten Minute Trainer and you really do break out in a sweat in ten minutes. It's amazing, and it's something I know I can do without over doing it. I still hurt in the morning but not as much as I used to.

Also in the last two years I've changed jobs, I started swinging shifts, this makes it really difficult to get into the swing of things. I feel tired when I wake up, I just want to sleep four hours later and the body eventually gets confused. So its just been really difficult to getting into some kind of routine.

Everytime I do get onto some kind off regular diet I find it hard to stick too, I recently found out that blood sugar can suddenly plummet even after I eat. I start exhibiting symptoms of a hyphoglemic at 4.3. I checked up on the symptoms and most of the symptoms I tend to get are listed. So it's just been a real stuggle for me.

So I've come here looking for support.
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsay. Try and concentrate on what exercises you can do without aggravating your heel spurs. Ab work, arm circles from a kneeling position. Leg kicks and leg lifts from a laying on your side position. If you have access to a heated pool this would really help you. Welcome and Happy Valentine's Day :heart:
  • Falcon
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :)

I will try, I'm slowly getting into the swing of exercising on a regular bases again. And trying to keep track of my weight.

Happy Valentines to everyone :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Waves back!!~~

Good for you for getting help! I had foot problems and finally took care of it too!

The pool suggestion is the best. If you have a Y or a gym with a pool near you it is really worth the effort to swim 2-3 times a week. It is none weight baring and you can do all kinds of exercise in the pool.

Doing the 10 min trainer is awesome!!

I am so proud of you!!

:flowerforyou: JEannie
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome:drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: We are so glad you joined us!:drinker: For the hypoglycemia I suggest one talking to your doctor to make sure that is what is going on, there is a blood test they can do to tell for sure. In the mean time eat every 2-3 hours to help balance the insulin output and keep your sugar steady so it doesn't drop. I have to eat really whole grain and avoid refined sugars as well as fruit juices in more than a 4oz serving to keep mine managed. I eat 5 meals and one snack a day dividing my calories over those and I have not had a problem since I started doing that. Good luck and remember we are here for you if you need us!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Falcon
    Options
    Hi Amy

Unfortunately I do have one parent that is hyphoglemic, my stepmom was hyphoglemic and she has her suspicions about my blood sugar.

She turned diabetic and has a blood sugar testing supply kit with her at their home and she forced me to take a test to see where my blood sugar was because I was feeling light headed and dizzy, and shaky too.

I had two potatoes and meatloaf with ketchup. Two and a half hours later I came home from the movie feeling sick, light headed dizzy and my skin was pale.

My stepmom forced me to do a blood sugar test on the spot, and it came out 4.3. Shrugs, I know that if I hadn't eaten when I start showing symptoms then I will get worse in two hours to the point where I have a pounding headache, feel nauseated and have to force myself to eat something. Then I sleep from 5 in the afternoon to 7 the next morning. I do have restless night sleeps, and sometimes I find I can't get back to bed unless I eat something. I keep having suspcions about my blood sugar.

Everytime I do a fasting blood sugar test it comes out normal, but I may have messed it up by consuming chocolate before beginning to fast. The nurse at work told me she can test me to see if we can figure out whats going on. This has been going on since I was seven.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this website, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive and helpful, and everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.