Big Girl. Big Problem?

Options
I'm a large girl! Simple fact. I'm sweatin on the treadmill going 2 miles an hour, BIG DEAL! It's a huge step for me to get off the couch. I just feel like everyone is looking at me going "Why is she here!" WHY AM I THERE? Isn't it obvious? Im here to loose weight. At our gym it's, like, a race for equipment. So, I arrive early to get the treadmill. The people who show up a millasecond late have to wait....big deal! I need it more than you. BUT if i show up and the one made for fat people is taken...by a 120 lb woman....and every machine is open. I have to wait. why cant she move. Ive discussed this, with my partner, in front of her. I know she heard me. OH WELL! At least I'm trying, right. It's funny that I am arguing over exercise machines and not "Who gets the last cookie!"

I recently wrote:
Hi! Names Melanie. I am 31, 2 kids and was at 412lbs~!!!!!!!! 412. Jesus! I got my a@@ off of the couch and computer...got a membership to a gym....consume 1500 calories a day...I am proud to say, I have lost 13 lbs since Dec. 20th, 2007.. I weigh 399lbs. For the first time in 6 years, I weigh under 400lbs! YES I AM HAPPY! YES I WILL CONTINUE! YES I WILL FAIL BUT I WILL NOT BLAME MYSELF.
I will move on and continue excercising! IT is a long road to 200 lbs. I will make it, eventually! LOL! Any one in here that feels "I just cant get off the couch" just try . I only lost 13 lbs and I can actually breath better and sleep better. Who kbnows what 50 will feel like Good luck to everyone, at any weight! Your dreams will come, step by step!

Replies

• melaniedwalker
    Options
    I'm a large girl! Simple fact. I'm sweatin on the treadmill going 2 miles an hour, BIG DEAL! It's a huge step for me to get off the couch. I just feel like everyone is looking at me going "Why is she here!" WHY AM I THERE? Isn't it obvious? Im here to loose weight. At our gym it's, like, a race for equipment. So, I arrive early to get the treadmill. The people who show up a millasecond late have to wait....big deal! I need it more than you. BUT if i show up and the one made for fat people is taken...by a 120 lb woman....and every machine is open. I have to wait. why cant she move. Ive discussed this, with my partner, in front of her. I know she heard me. OH WELL! At least I'm trying, right. It's funny that I am arguing over exercise machines and not "Who gets the last cookie!"

I recently wrote:
    Hi! Names Melanie. I am 31, 2 kids and was at 412lbs~!!!!!!!! 412. Jesus! I got my a@@ off of the couch and computer...got a membership to a gym....consume 1500 calories a day...I am proud to say, I have lost 13 lbs since Dec. 20th, 2007.. I weigh 399lbs. For the first time in 6 years, I weigh under 400lbs! YES I AM HAPPY! YES I WILL CONTINUE! YES I WILL FAIL BUT I WILL NOT BLAME MYSELF.
    I will move on and continue excercising! IT is a long road to 200 lbs. I will make it, eventually! LOL! Any one in here that feels "I just cant get off the couch" just try . I only lost 13 lbs and I can actually breath better and sleep better. Who kbnows what 50 will feel like Good luck to everyone, at any weight! Your dreams will come, step by step!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I might discuss that treadmill issue with the management at your gym. Since you're restricted to a specific piece of equipment, and the smaller person is not, it doesn't seem unreasonable that management should ask her to move. She might not even know what she's doing. (I like to give everyone the benefit or the doubt.)

Great job losing the 13 lbs. That is a great start.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I agree with viviakay. Talk to the management. She can go to another machine. Does that lady know that equipment is made for?
    I love the fact that you don't care about what people think of you. You are there for a reason and nobody can keep you from that. Most are probably looking at you thinking way to go.
    Keep it up, you are doing great.
    Also see if you can reserve the machine.
    Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work and remember you're not on that long road by yourself. You WILL make it. :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well. Seriously, I know how hard it can be to make big changes.

I agree with Vivia, you can do this.

:flowerforyou: Congrats on moving forward:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    FAntastic job getting up and moving and 13 lbs is great!

I would ask mgmt to see if they can do something about the availability of the treadmill that you need. If all the other machines are in use too then maybe but if there are others available then she should be polite and move. I would.

Keep going...you are worth it!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Melanie, you need to go back in the posts and read the "my big mouth" post. I'm not trying to compare you, but I think everyone here would say similar things to you as we did Janet! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Melanie, you need to go back in the posts and read the "my big mouth" post. I'm not trying to compare you, but I think everyone here would say similar things to you as we did Janet! Way to go! :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I totally agree.
    As for people looking at you and saying stuff? There will always be something about every one that people need to talk about. I know its hard to totally get that one! But hey......every body starts somewhere! Way to go!!!!:bigsmile:
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I totally agree.
    As for people looking at you and saying stuff? There will always be something about every one that people need to talk about. I know its hard to totally get that one! But hey......every body starts somewhere! Way to go!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You know what? You ARE a big girl. You are big in ways they can't even see. You have a big heart. You have a big dream. You have a big healthy life! Too bad they are so little in so many sad ways. Hang in there. You are doing great.
    Cowboy